Jerry.... Brad... what ya got?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

enuffalready

Well, today's annoucements makes you wonder... What is it that Jerry has cookin? Deals like this don't happen over night...so a month ago when ASA announces we are shooting for super regional status and 500 planes, etc... now what? was it just to placate us? Looks like the 41 900's at mesaba/pinnacle stay for the 12 year contract... so thats those frames...

They had to know a month ago that Delta was gonna sell to transstates, pinnacle...

I cant speak for the rest of the guys here... but BH and JA better have something cookin... you can't annouce 5000 pilots and 50 states and then get 4 700's from horizon... that goodwill only lasts so long...

You ever think that they would just buy these holding companies after the deals were inked?

Think of this from a finance standpoint. What is the big phrase everyone likes to use? Diversify your portfolio. SKYW does a lot of flying for [now] the 2 biggest airlines in the world. AMR has made no secret that it wants to unload Eagle. A prudent manager, when thinking about diversifying his portfolio, would probably look at the 3rd biggest world airline as something he might want to have. Not saying its going to happen soon or ever, but it definitely could happen. If that is the case they'll probably operate them as a stand alone carrier simply because of their size. Also Mesa could fit for their US Air flying, but that doesn't seem as ripe as an AMR deal.

You ever think that they would just buy these holding companies after the deals were inked?

That's always a possibility, but buying a subsidiary from a parent company and a hostile takeover of a stand alone company are two totally different things. Obviously its a lot easier to do the former than the latter. A lot easier and a lot cheaper.

Think of this from a finance standpoint. What is the big phrase everyone likes to use? Diversify your portfolio. SKYW does a lot of flying for [now] the 2 biggest airlines in the world. AMR has made no secret that it wants to unload Eagle. A prudent manager, when thinking about diversifying his portfolio, would probably look at the 3rd biggest world airline as something he might want to have. Not saying its going to happen soon or ever, but it definitely could happen. If that is the case they'll probably operate them as a stand alone carrier simply because of their size. Also Mesa could fit for their US Air flying, but that doesn't seem as ripe as an AMR deal.

if they buy eagle and operate seperate... that doesnt fit the new vision of 500 planes for ASA... thats 3 seperate airlines... or if they buy eagle and integrate, then as a 10 year guy at ASA, i would get pushed back to FO in the ATR at San juan...

i seriously doubt either...

Lasted 35 years and Jerry is a billionaire.

i never said he was not a smart guy.. .on the contrary...i think he is pretty darn smart...

I was saying... you cant come out...say 500 airplanes... 5000 pilots... then not back it up with something..

Last edited:
i never said he was not a smart guy.. .on the contrary...i think he is pretty darn smart...

I was saying... you cant come out...say 500 airplanes... 5000 pilots... then not back it up with something..

Are you crazy? They only said that as a marketing gimmick. They won't grow asa to 500 airplanes, you guys are union. They didn't even grown their non-union airline to 500 airplanes. What makes you think they would grow their union airline to that?

Well, today's annoucements makes you wonder... What is it that Jerry has cookin? Deals like this don't happen over night...so a month ago when ASA announces we are shooting for super regional status and 500 planes, etc... now what? was it just to placate us? Looks like the 41 900's at mesaba/pinnacle stay for the 12 year contract... so thats those frames...

I cant speak for the rest of the guys here... but BH and JA better have something cookin... you can't annouce 5000 pilots and 50 states and then get 4 700's from horizon... that goodwill only lasts so long...

Just curious, but what does it matter? Why is 500planes some benchmark? The only thing that placates me is more pay, more days off and better conditions. Frankly it's funny that a 50 state promise would mean anything to you! What gives?

Latest resources

Back