Jepp Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

amaineiac

About 6 months ago, a notam was put out for the Korry2 STAR into LGA to add "cross ENO at or above 24000." There have been many revisions since it came out and I wondered why they never updated the page.

I was just doing my Jepp revision and noticed that they updated the Korry2 page but they still haven't added the ENO note. Anyone know why?

Check your Chart NOTAMs

It might be there.

If not, I bet FSS has it as an FDC.

Here's an example

At one of the airports that I fly to regularly the circling mins had been bumped up about 150'.

It's been like this for about a year and this has always been listed in the Chart Notams even though Jepp had reissued the same plate a couple times.

I kept checking and making the note on my charts.

Well I just got the latest revision and guess what? The circling mins are back to their original values and the Notam is gone.

My guess is that there was some temporary structure that required new mins but now it's gone.

It could be a similiar situation with the crossing restriction at ENO. Something important has changed but it may just be temporary and the guys at Jepps knows this so they don't bother to change the plate. As long as they list the Notam they're covered.

But since the restriction is FL240 or abv I'm guessing it's probably not a structure. ;) Maybe a new traffic pattern? Maybe a radar or navaid outage? Who knows?

Whaddya think?

Back late in 2001, or early 2002, they redesigned the hell out of the LGA arrival/departure procedures

But, at the time I wasnt dispatching into it - ATC did issue a fairly in depth system advisory before the KORRY went into effect.

Don't quote me, I work the airport changes not the SID/STAR's..

Basically from what I gather, the FAA is implementing changes to procedures by NOTAM rather then issueing new Procedures/SID/STARS. Without a NOTAM duration, it is hard to know when the NOTAM will be cancelled. Therefore it is easier to create a NOTAM rather then update the charts.

We see this a lot when a runway length changes and there is a GPS or an ILS approach into the runway. The government will "Not Authorize" the straight in minimums rather then flight check the new approach. They will get to it eventually but it provides them with an out.

Hey we all read the NOTAM pages anyway right? :cool:

Latest resources

Back