JB v/s SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

burg

I got offers from swa and JB. I've made up my mind with swa but any input to the other would be welcome.

Signed
The luckiest guy on my street,!!!!!!!!!!.

Come on you have to ask?

This is an insensitive question to ask considering the current environment.

I hope SW folks refrain from responding.

It depends on where you want to live. If JBLU has a domicile in a place you love I would go there and not deal with the commute. If SWA has a domicile in a place you want to live I would go there. I think you could be happy making a career at either company. The pay may be better at SWA, but pay is not everything. JBLU seems to be working on stuff to make life easier for pilots such as reserve scheduling issues and some sort of "virtual basing" system. I personally would rather work for Dave and Dave at JBLU than the guys at SWA. If JBLU can pull off the planned growth for the next 6 years, SWA is going to have a serious thorn in their side. SWA will be forced to change it's model or they will lose lots of people to JBLU. I personally would go to JBLU, but you sure wouldn't be making a mistake going to SWA. You must be the man to get offers from both and actually have that decision to make.

Are you a betting man? Wanna bet on a faster upgrade and future pay and work rules? If you do, then go to JetBlue.

If you aren't, do the safe comfortable thing and go to the company with an established track record of making a company profit while taking extremely good care of its employees and go to SWA.

Nice...:erm: I am sure those comments will help. Here we go with another JB thread

FBJ,

Why do you consider the question insensitive? Not a flame--just wondering your thought process. The pro/cons on various carriers (when they don't degenerate into name calling or other stupidity) can be pretty insightful as guys and gals talk about what they LIKE and DON'T LIKE about their carriers. Scattered among the piles of horsecrap are some occassional nuggets (hehehe) of good info.

burg said:
I got offers from swa and JB. I've made up my mind with swa but any input to the other would be welcome.

Signed
The luckiest guy on my street,!!!!!!!!!!.

Go to SWA and then bail as soon as you can to a cargo carrier like FedEx or UPS. They will not have to deal with economic pressures, furloughs, cutbacks or any other things that JBLU is dealing with, and SWA will have to deal with in the future. Pax carriers, the once favored route is way behind cargo with respect to job security and future wages.

The Airbus cockpit is a heck of a lot nicer than the 737. Think about where you'll be sitting in the next 20-25 years.

Latest resources

Back