JB Stockholders:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Intruder One

Why all the excitement over JB stock,when it entered the market it was $27.00,this morning it is at 28.59.........big deal.It has been as high as $54,I hope all you suckers dumped at that point I know alot of the major stock holders did..........Neelman or whatever his name is that started it is in it for one reason and one reason only...MONEY!He built up Morris Air and dumped it to SW, this venture is no different.If you people think the mind of a business man is the same as a pilot.......you are sadley mistaken.

OK, the all time high (accounting for the stock split) was $36.7667. It's 1 year projection is still below that figure.

The stock split was a 3:2 on 13 Dec.

---------------
Neelman or whatever his name is that started it is in it for one reason and one reason only...MONEY!He built up Morris Air and dumped it to SW, this venture is no different.
-----------------

You couldn't be more wrong about Neeleman or his motivations. Have you met him? Have you talked with him? Well I have because he makes it a habit of "talking to the troops" on a regular basis.

In fact, I asked him this very question on Day 1 of indoc. He answered then and has stated many times in the press that he now views the sale as a mistake. He was young and the allure of $20M for selling to a company he idolized (all his words) was too much and he took it. He has no intentions (or need) to sell jetBlue. This is his dream and he wants to see it succeed for the long run. Besides, he only owns about 10% of the company stock. It wouldn't be his choice alone. He also designed the company so that it couldn't be taken over by a hostile buyout. I won't tell you how he did it, but it is pretty brilliant--just like him!

Intruder One

I hope your a better aviator then stock broker. I've made a pretty big pile of $$ with JB so far.

This line of thought (not very much thought) cracks me up. Learn something before you speak of it, unless of course your shoe size is small enough to easily fit in your mouth. :D

Out of nowhere comes the mighty intruder to set us all straight. God, I bet George Soros would love to hear your insights iintuder, so he could learn how to make money in the stock market.

Yeah, we're just like Morris Air. Oh, by the way, where is June Morris? Any other nuggets of wisdom to dispense before we move on?

Well I hope that JB does well, but I hope Neelman has changed his work ethic from 94. Anyone ever wonder why he only lasted a couple of weeks at SWA after the merger, because he tried to screw the employees and told Herb how to do it. That is when he departed, plus I dont think he could handle the parties(jj)

OK, so what was the all-time high of UAL's stock? 100+? Let's see some stock values today-- NWA 6.75, LUV 13.02, AMR 3.26, CAL 6.92, AWA 2.00, USAIR 2.45, DAL 10.40, UAL 1.16, JBLU 28.53. I think regardless of stock value, we need to value the fact that the LCCs of SWA, ATA, Airtran, Frontier, Spirit and Jetblue are set up better to weather the storm of a sluggish economy or war. The new business model is here for aviation, just like the days are gone for the steam locomotives-- life as we know it for the major airlines' old ways of doing business are gone! As for Mr. Neeleman, I think the backing he received financially to start an airline from scratch to what it is today, 3 years later, is proof that there are those out there that believe you CAN make money in the airline industry. Mr. Neeleman is the CEO of Jetblue Airways, he's a great family man and a man with great ideas about bringing humanity back to the airline industry. He's a great leader and motivator. But the success comes from the 4000+ outstanding crewmembers that deliver the jetBlue experience every day-- we'll be celebrating our 3 year anniversary on Feb 8 with parties in four different JB cities. So, yes, Mr. Neeleman can throw pretty good parties-- last year 1500+ crewmembers showed up in NYC for our 2nd anniversary and it was a blast!!!

I put JJ behind the party thing (just Joking). As far as the humanity thing, Swa invented it. Relax,I was just stating the truth about his history.

Latest resources

Back