JB and PIC requirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJFlyer

I've been heaqring from some jetblue guys that they have waived the 1000TPIC requirement. Or atleast there have been a few to get hired without it. Is there anyone that can confirm this before I consider going to a job fair?

I've got 5000+TT
3600 TJet (mostly CRJ)
only 200+ Tjet PIC (BE400 PIC)

I've been a jetBlue hopeful almost since their beginning.

Thanks

There is no 1000 turbine PIC requirement, it is just 1000 PIC. My suggestion if you want to get notice go to one of the pilot open houses that they have it should help. Good Luck!!!

I cant say they havent hired anyone without any TPIC, but I know the last few classes, no one had less than 1500 hrs TPIC.

I had 890 turbine PIC and 1900 total PIC when I got hired if that helps, and I am a new hire.

Ps most of it is in the BE400A

Last edited:
I cant say they havent hired anyone without any TPIC, but I know the last few classes, no one had less than 1500 hrs TPIC.

Well thats not entirely true. I'm a newhire and have a grand total of 65 hours TPIC. 7000+ total probably helped me though. Like everybody says, If you want a shot, go to the open house.

GO TO THE OPEN HOUSE!

If you meet the mins, even just barely, go tell someone (who can do something about it) you want to work at B6. Updating isn't going to cut it with low time. Don't listen to anyone who tells you you aren't qualified....if you are.

Hint just for you. Low time, but qualified and no "blue dart". GO TO THE OPEN HOUSE

True. Went to open house yesterday, Even Craig (system chief) said if you have tons of right seat time, with not much pic time, then not to worry. They take a "holistic" approach.

Thanks for the posts,

I wanted to go to the open house but couldn't make it down yesterday. Hopefully they have atleast one more this summer. I've got a decent amount of internal recs(3-4). and their domociles/ ease of commute would work well from where I live. They really would be a perfect fit for me.

I've got another question. What are your guys view on walking a resume in directly to their HQ in Quew. Gard.? In July it will be very easy for me to get to NYC on any given day. Do you think they would like that or not?

thanks.

Latest resources

Back