• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jackson Hole incident today...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've had several 757's where the spoilers start to deploy on landing but then retract again and the handle won't come back until the reversers are deployed.

Of course it COULD be that my landings are soooo smooth... ;)

JAC should be lengthened or closed. Yeah, I know...:rolleyes:

TC

The airport is in a national park and I believe requires Congresss or the President to approve any changes to the runway. I'm sure those enviromentalist and even some locals would voice opposition to an expansion of that airport. All reasons why the runway has probably never been expanded.

Yep. I know. Maybe when someone REALLY balls one up and 20,000 lbs. of Jet A drains into the river, they'll get the message.

Morons.

TC

I can't imagine that sinking feeling in your gut when you know you're committed and you know you aren't going to stop.

Man up. "There goes my career!" should be the mantra.

You got to understand guys like instructordude...he has a total of 1 hour of experience multiplied 3800 times! But he does have a really sweet avatar! Does it work with the male FAs at his current job? F*@&ing clown act!

Instructordude put ex-lax in cakes at the band fundraiser.

Heard one of our pilots always says "what was that?" Going through 500 feet. He says if he ever runs off the runway, all they will be trying to figure out what happened at 500 feet?

The NTSB added further on Dec 31st, that there are long established protocols (40+ years) for incidents where no injuries, no substantial damages and no substantial damage to other property have occurred. On such occasions the NTSB frequently asks the airline to transport the recorders on their own aircraft as most expeditious means to get the recorders to Washington. The airline is instructed to transport the recorders without delay and without accessing the information. In thise case the NTSB learned that the recorders were flown to Tulsa, where American Airlines technicians downloaded the flight data recorder (the cockpit voice recorder was not downloaded). Although no information was missing or tampered with, this download established a serious breach of NTSB protocols to maintain integrity of the NTSB investigation process. The NTSB has therefore cancelled American Airlines' status as party into the investigation. The NTSB shall nonetheless inform American Airlines about all information needed to ensure a timely response to operational safety deficiencies identified during the investigation.

Latest resources

Back