Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyoa1

Special Ed wants YOU!
I saw an add on climbto350, says that JAck Henry and Associates is looking for a citation captain. Anybody know anything about these folks?

They are looking for someone who is type rated in the Citation. Operate something like five 560's and a 525. Starting pay is 50k with yearly reviews. Benefits are pretty good. You must be willing to live in Monett (middle of nowhere)Mo.

Who is the cheif pilot at Jack Henry? I used to know a couple of pilots who worked there, (the cp was my first flight instructor) but that was several years ago.

Brain Hunter is the CP. No wait, he is now director of flight ops, and I don't know the cp's name.... But Brian will work for a contact I would think.

A long time ago I used to fly into Monett regularly. I took a tour of the facility, and it was very nice at the time. The chief pilot (I guess it was that Brian guy) was pretty young, and kinda grew into the position. But he seemed like a good fella, with noble asperations. One thing that bothered me when I took the tour back then was right after he talked about how safety oriented they were, and to what great extremes they persued to ensure the upmost in safe operations, a 525 taxied in with only one pilot. Is that unsafe? No. But its not as safe as having two in the cockpit(only in my opinion) But it is obvious that both he and the company have been successful in their endeavors, and I have never heard of any bad press, so.... Oh,I dont know if this still applies, but they did "in house" training, and required that all of the pilots be CFI's.
I am based in BHM, and they have a plane sitting on the ramp at Mercury all the time. So this would be one of the place you would be coming to. Useless info, but still info, right?

I worked for Jack Henry. It is a good company with great benenfits. The flight department is outside the rest of the company and does not mirror the company. There are currently 6 citations an A36 Bonanza and 9 pilots. You can do the math. All pilots fly at least twice industry average and make less than industry average pay. All pilots are also assigned extra duties. You must live in Monett and be available to fly every day. On the plus side the equipment is nice and the pilots are fun to work with. If you are young and need to build flight time and dont mind spending your days off in the office, then I would reccomend this job. But, if your are used to industry standards (such as checklist, schedules, flying as a crew, flightsafety training, etc.) then this place is not for you. (or me)

Thanks for the info. I have been considering persuing a job there - it is close to where I grew up. But I have become accustomed to Simuflite training, flying profiles and using checklists. Heck, I have a Masters in Aviation Safety.
If it is how you describe, I may not last there.

Are things still the same or have they improved in the last year? Just curious as I saw they're currently hiring.

I know three pilots that have worked there. I have not heard many, correction, any good things about them. You have no time at home. The standard is overweight takeoffs. It is understood that minimums are advisory only. If you leave the company it is bad news. When the last guy left there was nothing Brian could do to him, but his buddy was brought in for a surprise "oral" exam. He missed one item on a flow (they substitute flows for checklist), so he got a short vacation out of the deal. I don't work there, but this information came from three previous pilots that have worked there.

I've known a couple of people that have worked there, and yes, they flew a lot. Welcome to aviation. Monett, MO is in the middle of nowhere and I think they pay a decent wage for the area in which you live. From what I have seen, they give decent low time guys a break and give them jet jobs from time to time. Are you going to make 90K in the RH seat of an Encore with 1500TT, of course not. Will you be comfortable and can you have a family and buy a house, YES. Finally, John Arvin is the chief pilot, and he is a stand up guy. I dont know him too well, but I have worked with lots of people that have worked with him, and they ALL say he is stand up, and from what interactions I have had with him, I agree.

Latest resources

Back