I've discovered Netjets 10 year plan!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BentOver

Lose money every quarter, but a little less every time. But don't actually ever turn a profit....AND NOT grow......... Works well for every other aviation company, might as well keep the trend going...

Stay classy Netjets managment

I heard sales folks have been leaving in droves.

When you're a commission based position and have nothing of value to sell a customer...why stay? Where's the commission?

Oh yeah I forgot..used jets.... lots of value and opportunity there:0

They are following the owners. Some have solid relationships and since their owners want to leave they can now help them, sell them many different services.

Why would a airplane sales person get wooed away to follow an owner? Even if the owner had a sales position open and thought the sales person in question was the best seller-of-stuff ever, why would the owner wait until he left the employer of the best sales person ever to offer that person employment?

Wouldn't he simply make the offer?

They don't go to work for the owner but keep the owner as a client selling them aviation services from one or more other providers to meet the owners' needs. They have developed a trust and respect of their owner's over the years. Not unlike when a stockbroker leaves one firm and goes to another.

2011 Second Quarter Report (PDF file)

2011 Second Quarter Report (PDF file)

2010 Second Quarter Report (PDF file)

This years report says profits are $65M less than last year. Last year profit was $114M ...

After taking another look at the report (and not the 2010 report for the same time frame) I retract my original statement a bit..Gunfyter is right that the way it is written it appears that earnings decreased from last year, but does not mean NJA was unprofitable........ I let a chance to poke management get the best of me:D

Question: Why would the report be written this way and not written to highlight that NJA made a profit(assuming they made a profit although less than last year)... If they did indeed have a $45million profit the first 6 months wouldn't it be better to mention that rather than show how they weren't as "profitable" as last year?

Also for anyone who may be "in the know"....(term used loosely)....would anyone concur that there have been "modest" increases in fractional sales? I agree that revenue hours are up but that's an easy number to calculate. Sales is the ellusive rabbit in the hat...!

Latest resources

Back