• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Its Fractional King Air Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former Avantground fractional owner, I've "kissed a lot of frogs" since last October. A few have turned into pretty princesses, and the others were OK.

What I do know, is that if I had recurring trip needs for flights in the Pilatus or the 350 of one hour or less, within their area of operation, I would look at it.

My wife's requirement is a functioning lav, and about 40 years ago, I saw the potty seat/drop out the window system in action in a stuck gondola.

The 350s lack of any relief tends toward the frog-kissing area.

Just my opinion -

KA350 is a great plane. Great mtn plane too. I could see it flying up and down the east and west coast no problem. But across the US from West to East or vice versa would be a long mission indeed.

Can a 350 hold 8 passengers, luggage and 8 golf bags? That seems difficult for even a G or Falcon?

sure, We recently did an 8 pax trip with clubs and bags from SFO to Bandon Dunes...

...Plane and two pilots was 9.8k, add 1.4k pax (four husband/wife couples) 700 pounds of crap, two hours of fuel plus reserves, and we had room for almost a thousand more pounds of whatever ;)

Last edited:
sure, We recently did an 8 pax trip with clubs and bags from SFO to Bandon Dunes...

...Plane and two pilots was 9.8k, add 1.4k pax (four husband/wife couples) 700 pounds of crap, two hours of fuel plus reserves, and we had room for almost a thousand more pounds of whatever ;)

Thats good.. I was curious about the actual fitting of that much stuff in the cargo. Or did some of the stuff end up in the cabin?

Figured weights would be no problem..

Fella's slow down here on the model bashing. Their are many many emerging markets in the US that this airframe would fill. There are companies and people that currently operate old TP and pressurized twins that have wanted to upgrade to a TP but haven't had the opportunity for many different reasons. This might be something that fills that void.

Who is going to fly these aircraft - furloughed NJ pilots first? Where do the general out of work pilots send resumes? Sounds like a good concept.

I don't see why furloughed NJA pilots would get much preference, although their experience in the customer service and fractional industries shouldn't hurt. Even if it's a risky startup, more pilot job openings is good to hear about.

I don't see why furloughed NJA pilots would get much preference, although their experience in the customer service and fractional industries shouldn't hurt. Even if it's a risky startup, more pilot job openings is good to hear about.

Really? Ok...

I guess you didn't see Kenny praising NJA pilots over and over again.

Hmm, Avantair just let loose 200 pilots w/ fractional, PT6, proline 21 experience. That would be a good pool to pick from along w/ the 495 NJ guys/gals in my opinion...

Latest resources

Back