• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Island Air sold

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how this will affect Aloha's interisland flying?

I bet so many pilots would be p*ssed off about this.

I wouldn't think that the pilots currently working at IA wouldn't be pissed off at all. Getting five new planes and retaining the current employees sounds quite good in fact. Also may mean a lot of movement for some that have been waiting to upgrade.

I think that is the best news! Hope things will move a little bit more for all of us! Plus new routes will be great.

Why would the island air pilots be mad?

Why would Island Air pilots be mad? From what i've heard, they're getting 5 more planes adding more routes and hiring more pilots.

I thought many pilots who fly for Island Air works there so they would be able to move up to Aloha. Because of this, could there no longer be anyone moving to Aloha automatically? Pilots maybe happy with faster upgrade time but for pilots who want to work at Aloha would not be very happy about this.

Re: Why would the island air pilots be m

topdawg said:
Why would Island Air pilots be mad? From what i've heard, they're getting 5 more planes adding more routes and hiring more pilots.

OK, ill be the first to say it then.. This could be a way to introduce regional jets to Hawaii's skies. Maybe somebody out there thinks the CRJ-700 can handle the cycles and abuse with its new Boeing style landing gear. The first generation RJ's were too fragile for hawaii flying.

I could think of another theory or two on the source of the "5 new airplanes" but i'm probably way off.

Last edited:
Aloha

First of all, there was never a flow though to Aloha with Island Air. What's the difference between taking a an Island Air pilot now and a pilot from United, Hawaiian, anybody? They aren't going to stop hiring Island Air pilots just because they have different owners now.

I wonder how this will effect poolies like myself and others.....

I was thinking the same thing.
I could see it going either way...... :cool: or :( Hopefully :cool:

Think positive, Island gets 70-90 seaters, does more HI flying while Aloha takes its 737's and branches out more on the west coast and US domestic scene. Aloha become next big US discount carrier.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back