Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Todays' airline pilot career really flying?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ready2Fly said:
Is that why regional pilot pay is so low?

Ready2Fly is TheGuat, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, LucyFurr, E170GuppyKiller, TheGuppyKiller, GuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, ABXpert, UPSer, RJDC, OUT, 410Dude, BR549, FreightNazi....etc...etc...

AWACO said:
I guess you have never left the cockpit of your crappy CRJ for say a DC-9.....You Fool

Perhaps I mis spoke a bit. Flying any MODERN plane is like being a babysitter. None the less no justification for making outlandish wages either way.

Ready2Fly said:
Is that why regional pilot pay is so low?
No. Regional pay is so low because of all the stupids coming out of these "acadamies" who get together for orgies at the airport and feel privileged to actually make money flying airplanes.

PositionandHold said:
You get paid for what you know and are capable of doing.......They get paid for their knowledge.

These questions/issues are getting stale.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I've flown with alot of people. Only a few were paid for what they know.

The way i see it, you're paid in reference to your insurance risk.

CE

CrimsonEclipse said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

The way i see it, you're paid in reference to your insurance risk.

CE

Really :confused: . And all along I thought you got paid what you negotiated with your employer. How silly of me ;) .

X

Now flying the DC-3 is really flying you work without a break from engine start, which is not a push button thing, until you set the parking brake at the other end. It is a real man's airplane none of this sissy programing stuff, Oh! I forgot you do have program the transponder with the right code. It is the best flying there is, thats why I do it for free.

pilotyip said:
Now flying the DC-3 is really flying you work without a break from engine start, which is not a push button thing, until you set the parking brake at the other end. It is a real man's airplane none of this sissy programing stuff, Oh! I forgot you do have program the transponder with the right code. It is the best flying there is, thats why I do it for free.

I'd fly for free....I've just got this problem where I have to eat at least once
a day.

So I'm lucky that I fly a more advanced airplane than the DC-3. The F-27!!
Instead of that old dirty 60 year old technology, I fly old dirty 55 year old
technology. Take that!

...and I know just how to program the autopilot...
(you have to hit him juuuust right! :nuts:)

CE

Right!

xdays said:
Anybody here hand flying their aircraft at 350 because they really want to? We live in an automated world, and it has certainly reduced the accident rate in our chosen profession. Why would we not wish to take advantage of what we are given.

I usually hand fly the departure until we're cleaned up, heading in the right direction, and there's a pause in the chaos so I can say, "Autopilot 'B' to Command."

A few months ago, as we're climbing thru about 5000', when I asked for the autopilot the Capt called me a "Pu$$y."

All in good fun, sure. But my response was, "I've got 9000 hours of hand flying I don't think I need any more practice holding a heading....NOW GO GET ME SOME COFFEE."

That last part was a joke.

D'Angelo said:
Another argument that is getting old is the fact that some people pay a lot of money to do their flight training so they should automatically be making outlandish wages. Thats a load of crap I say.

I consider my expenses and loans for flight training to be an investment. I expect to see a return on my investment. If airline pilot pay rates continue to go down, then fewer people will enter the field [it will be seen as a poor investment], reducing the glut of available pilots, and driving the wages back up [waiting for that to happen any time now]. Supply and demand at work, although the process is somewhat retarded by the novelty that many attach to being a pilot at an airline. Okay, let the retarded remarks begin.

a friend of mine's son is at MTSU...he said the aviation classes are wide open..enrollment is way down because of fuel prices and the crappy pax work enviorment...this is a good sign...noone learn how to fly...wages may go up with a true shortage of pilots..not the garbage kit darby spews out...

Latest resources

Back