• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetPilot500

Found this on AvCrew.com

Entry Level Co-Pilot (TX) 2/5

FAR 135 Air Carrier and Aircraft Management company is looking for an entry level co-pilot. This is an entry level position and the duties, schedule, and pay are based on this. You will be required to complete FAR 135 training as a SIC in our Westwinds and Jet Commander and do the normal SIC duties. Additional duties will include revising more Jeppesens than you should have to, restocking the aircraft immediately after a flight (even at 3AM) and not telling the Director of Operations how to run the company. For pilots with a good attitude and very good flying skills there is room for advancement to our larger jets. If interested in applying for this position, please fax your resume to Don Wilson, Director of Operations at (713) 644-8823.

Sounds like the Director of Operations need to get a "good Attitude"

Better hurry! This job won't last long!

ROFL!
JetPilot500

It may even pay up to 22K a year!!!

Maybe after cleaning the Lav, you should sneak a Ramp Snake into the Director of Operation's kitbag.
By the way, it looks like they're a company in the Houston area.

Just faxed my resume!

I am a great A$$-kisser and a "yes" man! I love it doggy style and can never get enough abuse from the Captain in front of the FBO ladies while I am running down, Ice, papers, coffee and day-old caterring. An old friend's Uncle's half-cousin has heard it from a ramp rat that fuels their birds that Starting pay is upwards of $19,500 per year with a $.50 per hour raise after six months if I can keep my hands off everything in the cockpit. After a year, I get to do the ATIS and Clearance. By then I should be ready to transition to PIC! Woohoo!

Seems like one of those gear up, shut up, the fat one likes me sir jobs I've heard horror stories about.

Actually, I thought it was an up-front description of a very common first-jet-FO job with an unusual bit of candor and probably a little bit of humor thrown in.

My first job was like that (but pretended not to be). It got me to the point where, a year later, I qualified for a decent job that came with a type, a good salary and benefits . . . but I had to have that first $h!tty job to get the second . . . and I had to get the second to get my present job, so there you have it.

what's up with non-airline flying

I've only flown single pilot light aircraft in addition to my 727 airline flying. In the airlines, first officers in most cases do 1/2 of all the flying. You swap legs with the captain and you have lots of responsibility as fo. I've been told that this is the NOT the case in alot of the companies who fly business jets, corporate outfits, and even the fractionals. Is the captain the only one who literally gets to fly?? I've also been told that a few of the fractionals don't allow first officers to fly when there are passengers on board. This makes no logical sense to me at all, but totally explains the Director of Operations attitude (at beginning of this thread)

Re: what's up with non-airline flying

boeingav8r said:
I've been told that this is the NOT the case in alot of the companies who fly business jets, corporate outfits, and even the fractionals. Is the captain the only one who literally gets to fly?? I've also been told that a few of the fractionals don't allow first officers to fly when there are passengers on board. This makes no logical sense to me at all, but totally explains the Director of Operations attitude (at beginning of this thread)

At a lot of these companies, for the first 100 hours, you are only going to fly empty legs . . . but probably one out of every three or four legs is an empty leg anyway.

After the first 100 hours or so, it will depend upon how soon the FO becomes able to fly th airplane smoothly. Then, after that, at the good companies, the FO will trade legs. At the bad ones, he will still fly empty legs, and whenever the Capt wants to throw him a bone.

I always traded with my FO's. Some of them were a little surprised at first.

Latest resources

Back