• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the Piaggio a two man crew or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The world is not a pyramid. It doesn't shake out that there is one holy place that all pilots aspire to be and everywhere else is a step down. Is NJ a good company? Sure. And I don't knock anyone that goes there. However NJ has 400 some planes and 2600 some pilots. That means you have to wait until they have 800 some planes and over 5000 pilots until you can think about upgrade.

When I hired onto Avantair they had 26 planes with 59 firm orders for a plane that I think will do well in a world increasing fuel costs. I was hired as pilot 105 plus or minus 10 or so. I have to wait until they have 50 planes and 200 pilots until I upgrade. Avantair needs to hire 100 pilots until my upgrade. NetJets needed to hire 2,500. So I'm doing the math and rolling the dice. On the one hand I have worse pay and benefits than NJ. On the other hand I have the opportunity to be double digit on a seniority list that I can't see the limit to. Sure Avantair could crap out and I lose. But the benefits outweigh, in my opinion, the risk. I've lived my life thinking that it's unwise to "follow the crowd". What's Mr. Frost say? "I took the path less traveled and that has made all the difference." or something to that effect.

Anyway. I went to a job fair and NJ gave me the app package. I never filled it out. Perhaps I'll look back at that with regret, but for now I'm very happy where I'm at. My bet is (and I've lost a few bets in my life) that this choice will work out for me and my family. Good luck to you and I'm sorry I jumped on ya so hard before.

Well said. An intelligent post. I hope your life works out well for you, sir. I mean that.

The world is not a pyramid. It doesn't shake out that there is one holy place that all pilots aspire to be and everywhere else is a step down. Is NJ a good company? Sure. And I don't knock anyone that goes there. However NJ has 400 some planes and 2600 some pilots. That means you have to wait until they have 800 some planes and over 5000 pilots until you can think about upgrade.

When I hired onto Avantair they had 26 planes with 59 firm orders for a plane that I think will do well in a world increasing fuel costs. I was hired as pilot 105 plus or minus 10 or so. I have to wait until they have 50 planes and 200 pilots until I upgrade. Avantair needs to hire 100 pilots until my upgrade. NetJets needed to hire 2,500. So I'm doing the math and rolling the dice. On the one hand I have worse pay and benefits than NJ. On the other hand I have the opportunity to be double digit on a seniority list that I can't see the limit to. Sure Avantair could crap out and I lose. But the benefits outweigh, in my opinion, the risk. I've lived my life thinking that it's unwise to "follow the crowd". What's Mr. Frost say? "I took the path less traveled and that has made all the difference." or something to that effect.

Anyway. I went to a job fair and NJ gave me the app package. I never filled it out. Perhaps I'll look back at that with regret, but for now I'm very happy where I'm at. My bet is (and I've lost a few bets in my life) that this choice will work out for me and my family. Good luck to you and I'm sorry I jumped on ya so hard before.
Soundslike a good reason.No prob good luck.

You had better hope you don't invest in the stock market based on the price of a share of stock. Your argument is akin to someone who has $1,000 to invest and would rather buy 333 shares of a $3 stock versus 10 shares of a $100 stock because there's more upside. With your reasoning, there's more growth with the smaller priced stock. Too bad you didn't buy Berkshire Hathaway in 1970 when it was, gasp, $400 a share! Who in their right mind would do that???

What is a "firm order" by the way? Heck, they can order 1,000 aircraft. They still have to SELL every share. If they sell say half the shares of the delivery, how long do you think the company is going to be in business? A world of increasing fuel costs? Says who? What's your source? My concern would be latching my career to a plane which the industry considered d.e.a.d. until avantair came along to rescusitate it. Isn't avantair buying something along the lines of 85% of the entire production of p-180 aircraft? If it's such a good aircraft, why isn't it widely accepted outside the fractional model?

JonJuan....ever flown one? I'll take a stab and say no. Never met someone who did (or flew in one) who wasnt impressed. Is it perfect? Nope. But is it great at what it does? Yup. Good enough, in fact, to overcome confusion with the P.O.S. Starship. Regarding the company as a whole, neither you, me or anyone else knows what it coming down the pike. Once upon a time Flops was IT as far as fracs go, NetJets was bashin away at their pilots, CS could do no wrong....all scenarios have since changed. And, they'll change again. Southwest only flies 73's ... by your logic does that imply that there's something wrong with that company too?
Bottom line, save the smugness for the Seminole flying MEI's you impress when ya lean against your monster CE-500. Just know that you could've gotten to wherever ya went a few minutes faster in the P180 without your pax feeling like they just spent 2 hrs in an MRI tunnel -- on less fuel to boot.

....A world of increasing fuel costs? Says who? What's your source?....

Wanna have a night of fun? Grab your slippers, snuggle up with a bag of popcorn and Google "PEAK OIL".

Bring a box of tissues, you'll need it.

Wanna have a night of fun? Grab your slippers, snuggle up with a bag of popcorn and Google "PEAK OIL".

Bring a box of tissues, you'll need it.
Nah, thanks though. You can pass me your copy of the 9-11 conspiracy theory when you are done with it, however.

So you'll lecture me on Berkshire Hathaway and the principle of the stock market yet you deny the principle of supply and demand? The basis of Peak Oil is simply that as supply goes down (less oil available) and demand goes up (more folk drive'n & stuff) then price goes up.

As learned as you are you should see the logic of that. Turns out that oil goes towards more than gas for your car. Looks like farm machinery runs on gas too. Trucks use gas to ship goods around. Even airplanes use a form of gas that is also derived from, you guessed it, oil. Not just that, plastic comes from oil. Fertalizer, asphalt, and even the global economy, all depend on oil.

Those are just the highlights. Of course if I've said anything here that even an 8th grader doesn't know then by all means skip the Peak Oil information.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back