Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is B6 getting serious about A319/A321 yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

maremare505

Recently talked to a couple of the B6 drivers whom were wondering among all whether Mr. Chew is bringing in (Finally) A319's & A321's in their fleet and phased out the jungle jets?

Recently talked to a couple of the B6 drivers whom were wondering among all whether Mr. Chew is bringing in (Finally) A319's & A321's in their fleet and phased out the jungle jets?

About a year ago that rumor was all the rage. But the 190 seems to have turned the corner and it hasnt reared its head in awhile. Hadnt heard it around campus for some time now. So, who's to say, but IMHO, I doubt it.

You can't be serious?

As someone who has been flying it for the last two years, yes, i am serious. The plane has come a long way in that time. I meant the rumor rearing its ugly head, not the 190.

If you think i am wrong about the 190 getting better, so be it. But if you think its progression has been bad, look into the dispatch reliability of our beloved 320 when NWA launched it circa 1985-86.

Last edited:
As someone who has been flying it for the last two years, yes, i am serious. The plane has come a long way in that time. I meant the rumor rearing its ugly head, not the 190.

If you think i am wrong about the 190 getting better, so be it. But if you think its progression has been bad, look into the dispatch reliability of our beloved 320 when NWA launched it circa 1985-86.

We launched the 320 in July of 1989. I was there in the first bunch. Most delays were due to messsages that we did not understand or could not clear. Like if the fueler closed the fueling access door before the self test was finished...arg! a message. And the aileron load alleviation accumulators, constant error messages on them. Lord knows why. We held our breath when we pulled back to the climb detent after T.O., that's when the message inhibit ended and the fun began. :)

I was on it till I retired in 1991 and it had got much better by then.

DC

We launched the 320 in July of 1989. I was there in the first bunch. Most delays were due to messsages that we did not understand or could not clear. Like if the fueler closed the fueling access door before the self test was finished...arg! a message. And the aileron load alleviation accumulators, constant error messages on them. Lord knows why. We held our breath when we pulled back to the climb detent after T.O., that's when the message inhibit ended and the fun began. :)

I was on it till I retired in 1991 and it had got much better by then.

DC

Hey, thanks for the info, I apologize about getting the date wrong. Hopefully others will see my point about being a fleet launch customer. take care

We had 5 190s down in JFK alone one day last week that caused 12 cx'd flights. The plane isn't in the same ballpark as the 320.

I haven't heard a thing about 319's but I hear that there is a good chance the 321 will be showing up soon because of the reduced slots in JFK. Less flights same amount of seats.

We had 5 190s down in JFK alone one day last week that caused 12 cx'd flights. The plane isn't in the same ballpark as the 320.

I haven't heard a thing about 319's but I hear that there is a good chance the 321 will be showing up soon because of the reduced slots in JFK. Less flights same amount of seats.

No its not, but im not arguing that. Im arguing that the plane has improved over time as it damn well should and that it unfortunately is the nature of the beast to have a fleet launch a/c be a mx hog for awhile. The 320 was the same way when it began and the 787 will too.

I have recently heard there are some major issues starting to develop with the rudder system. I am not sure what they are, but I would love to hear more about this issue.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back