• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Airtran Really gonna hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It just appeared still open to me. I just logged in to update my medical.

They have already had two new hire class this year, which were composed of all the remaining people in the pool. The app window is currently open and classes will be filled with new off the street people for classes sometime this summer or early fall. Unless there is a strike in the meantime, In which case there will be around 1500 open positions....

They cleared out the pool and some furloughs that bypassed recall last year have returned. I was just in recurrent, and there were about 9 guys there interviewing. Heard there was going to be about 100 new hires this year.

Thats what I know and have heard. Has anyone else heard different?

Can't confirm or deny these numbers but here you go,

AirTran hiring pilots, flight attendantsBy Kelly Yamanouchi

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

12:21 p.m. Thursday, April 15, 2010

AirTran Airways plans to hire 159 pilots and 135 flight attendants this year as it resumes growth.

About 20 newly hired pilots have already finished training, AirTran said Friday. Most of AirTran's pilots are based in Atlanta, its main hub.

The airline plans to increase its flight capacity by 3 percent to 4 percent this year. Next year, it plans to add seven Boeing 737 jets to its fleet.

AirTran, which no longer has employees on furlough, hired flight attendants last year but hasn't hired pilots in several years.

The pilots and flight attendants coming aboard will help AirTran address some problems in its operations, the company said. Over Easter weekend, AirTran said it canceled some of flights due to the combination of staffing shortages, heavy holiday traffic and the start of a new crew schedule.

Along with the pilots and flight attendants, AirTran expects to continue to hire ground workers and gate agents.

"We're in a very good position to be able to grow," said AirTran spokesman Christopher White.

Jim Morris, a spokesman for the Air Line Pilots Association at AirTran, said "it's great" the company is adding employees.

"We also believe that this would be impossible if it had not been for the contribution of the existing pilot group," he said, as the union continues years-long negotiations with the company over a contract.

"We think it’s time for the company to finally finish this deal."

The union begins a strike authorization vote Monday, which does not mean a strike is planned but is aimed at sending a message to management. It plans to fly a banner overhead Atlanta next Tuesday with a message about the pilots' negotiations.

For those of you that are applying, are yall currently unemployed / furloughed? They will no longer let us help friends get hired so I was wondering what magic data the computer is looking for in newhires.

Good luck and thanks.

For those of you that are applying, are yall currently unemployed / furloughed? They will no longer let us help friends get hired so I was wondering what magic data the computer is looking for in newhires.

Good luck and thanks.

I'm a current regional guy, EMB-145 Type Rating

I've got:

4800 TT
2100 PIC
4300 TURBINE
1600 121 PIC
4400 MULTI
1 Internal Rec

and crossed fingers hoping I've got lucky enough numbers to get picked.

Latest resources

Back