IPOD intercom jack?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FSIGRAD

Anyone know what type and where to buy an IPOD connection that can plug into a standard headset panel -IE jumpseater overhead panel on the SF340?

I've flown with a few captains that plug their damn Ipods into the intercom....bugs the crap out of me while i'm trying to concentrate on what I'm doing and I have someone else's f-ed up music blaring in my ear......do everyone a favor and either 1. don't listen to music at work .... or 2. buy an adapter so that it plugs into your headset headphones ONLY...that way you can listen to your music and the other guy doesn't have to put up with your crap...........

/rant over

FSIGRAD said:
Anyone know what type and where to buy an IPOD connection that can plug into a standard headset panel -IE jumpseater overhead panel on the SF340?

Put the Ipod back in your backpack and just fly the darn airplane!:mad:

On the ground I'm too busy [and too smart] to mess with an I-pod. Once the aircraft is moving.... I'm not criminal....

Every [dare I say regional] management puts out a memo like this....

From Daddy (Chief Pilot)

To Children (pilots, who make it difficult for all of us)

Don't use Ipods at work. You are being paid to fly jets safely not entertain yourselves. The anti-establishment/anti-authority image that is projected by (and highlighted with the stickers on your flight case) your behavior doesn't coincide with the company's image of following the rules and thus providing reassurance to our passengers.

Please adapt or turn in your ID.

Merry Christmas,

Your Loving Management Team.

But it's JUST an I-pod. It doesn't mean anything! It's just an I-pod, besides all that the passengers care about is ticket price!!!!!:cool: :eek: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
FSIGRAD said:

Go to RadioShack they will hook you up! Works like a charm. Love it!!!!!

Did you ever think he was going to maybe play The Night Before Christmas over the PA for everyone late on Chrismas Eve!

Metro752 said:
Did you ever think he was going to maybe play The Night Before Christmas over the PA for everyone late on Chrismas Eve!

Cute. I don't think the Ipod generation/users are determined to spend $$ to hook up thier Ipod to the PA system for a few opportunities to play Xmas music, then wait 355 days to do it all over again.

Besides what a Slippery PC slope to play Christain music over the PA. One would have to choose non christian holiday music. It can be done, but I think we are really stretching the capabilities of the ME generation.

Finally, Trent Reznor's version of The Night Before Xmas might result in a carpet dance in part due to the sudden reduction in pax count....

I fly with a guy who just bought a new Lightspeed corporate headset, and it actually came with an adaptor specifically for your Ipod. You just plug this special chord into the side of one of the earphones, and plug the other end in the Ipod. It only plays in the one ear (freeing up the other ear to listen to ATC), and when any transmissions come across the headset, it automatically lowers the volume to make it easier to hear.

I tried it out for a few minutes and it worked exceptionally. I'd highly recommend getting a pair, although it'll probably set you back about $500.

Here's the link to the headset:
http://www.anrheadsets.com/products-Mach1.asp

Skip the Ipod. Fly a real airplane that has XM satellite radio and datalink installed. We've got a volume switch on the comm panel for the XM specifically (that we one or neither or both can listen at whatever level they desire). Of course there's always the matter of who gets to pick the station...

Latest resources

Back