• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

iPad test run

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Absolutely a great implementation. NO issues at all. Been using it 11months!

That is what most operators have experienced. Off-the-shelf iPads work great.

Load them up with proprietary stuff and security software and you've got Windozzzzzz reliability.

Passwords to get missed approach instructions? Are you kidding me?
That's why you're supposed to leave the screen on during the approach phase even if you set it aside, so it's instantly available when you open the cover. There's a reason the sleep-when-cover-closed is switched off, and the auto sleep is disabled when JeppFD is running. No password needed because it never went to sleep.

It's not how I'd set them up if I were king, but that aspect works fine if you do it as directed.

My company issued IPad works great. It is a vast improvement over paper. We are keeping the paper enroute charts, but all data is on Jepp Pro.

My company issued IPad works great. It is a vast improvement over paper. We are keeping the paper enroute charts, but all data is on Jepp Pro.

The best part is the Jepp updates! :D

CRAWDADDY,
I don't know who you work for, but Flex went paperless yesterday and we ARE approved for Jepp operations below 10,000 ft. Also, not password needed in the cockpit and we have both the paper and digital enroute charts. No complaints from our guys other than minor implementation bugs. The Jepp FD works great and we no longer have to wait on 44 page faxes to get out flight information.

Happy Happy here.

Pretty bad so far. The Winter Newsletter says we are the only operator approved to use these below 10,000ft but the fact is that they don't take the place of enroute charts, yet. We can't use them ABOVE 1Ok!

Not when the ipad crashes while trying to do the updates.

I wonder how many other operators have these issues? Not to worry, there will be more fixes out soon. If they were so hell bent on screwing up an awesome piece of equipment, they should've stuck with Wintel products that allow such tinkering.

Should have a super secret poll to see how many crews are still using their personal EFBs

CRAWDADDY,
I don't know who you work for, but Flex went paperless yesterday and we ARE approved for Jepp operations below 10,000 ft. Also, not password needed in the cockpit and we have both the paper and digital enroute charts. No complaints from our guys other than minor implementation bugs. The Jepp FD works great and we no longer have to wait on 44 page faxes to get out flight information.

Happy Happy here.

Flexajet isn't big enough to have an IT dept capable of screwing up this bad.

While I can't speak for how NJA or any other fractional has their iPads set up from a company standpoint, Jepp FD as an app *blows*. It is buggy and slow, and Jeppesen moves at the speed of government when it comes to updating it.

Not when the ipad crashes while trying to do the updates.

Not an issue as long as you have a strong Internet signal. Most hotels won't do, but FBO's work just fine.

Funny how some will still resist change though. Even if company provided us with a personal assistant to do our updates, and paid us a stipend to supervise them, people would still have issues. The same people who bitched the most about paper updates. Sheesh.

Latest resources

Back