• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intoxicated US pilot pulled from cockpit in Netherlands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
technically it's European legislation, not Dutch.

I know, but there are always exceptions to the JARs, e.g. I believe airspace still significantly differs from one EU country to another.

I know, but there are always exceptions to the JARs, e.g. I believe airspace still significantly differs from one EU country to another.

Mhhhh, I don't know but I don't think so. Class a,b,c,d,e, etc is pretty much the same I thought. Just countries locate them differently.

You are right though, JAR OPS is standard for all countries, however, beside JAR's countries may have their own penal laws which may be more stringent than the JAR's.

You asked for a reference, I provided, however, being trained myself in the states, I admit, trying to make sense of the ever changing JAR, now being called EU OPS and the local regulations is a challenge.

Greetings

Reflecting on what I just wrote, I apologise, you are right! The rules don't always make sense. Your example of airspace is correct. The JAR's are clear but then every country comes with exceptions which you have to dig out from the jeppesen, same I guess when it comes to other regulations and nations having different penal codes. As far as dutch alcohol regulations, I guess they do follow the JAR's. At least my company manual states the same as the regs I posted.

Last edited:
ACL, you are truly an airline mgmt expert, an expert on all things animal and mineral, and now you have become a trusted advisor on all laws and regulations worldwide.

As soon as you add "graduate of an accredited clown college-suma cum laude" to your list of accomplishments and accolades, I will concede that you are a scholar and a gentleman.

-God-You are a putz!

Genius, I am not talking about international law. We have FAA Certificates and therefore are governed by the FAA.

But thanks for the worthless post.

Amazing how the flying public cares about intoxicated pilots yet goes into a hissy fit when a flight is cancelled due to pilot fatigue. Last time I checked, lack of sleep killed more people than alcohol.
Not to worry. It's coming. The new NPRM essentially blames the crew for being fatigued, not work rules, and it will be the lawful obligation of any airport employee to report you as suspected fatigued, just as they do now for suspected alcohol.

Genius, I am not talking about international law. We have FAA Certificates and therefore are governed by the FAA.

But thanks for the worthless post.

I will defer to your obviously superior legal acumen. You are pretty smart. Remember that time you and the 17 other clowns managed to fit into that mini?
That was awesome!

-Suma Cum Laude!!

Wouldn't have happened if DL was still in Den Haag.... the bus ride to the airport would be long enough to sober up.

Wouldn't have happened if DL was still in Den Haag.... the bus ride to the airport would be long enough to sober up.

Since the ride from the Hague to Schipol is just as long as it is to Amsterdam, he was screwed either way. He could have spent some time on the beach in Schenvinengen though!

DL crews aren't in Den Haag any more? Lucky b@stards!! Nothing better than a 45 min bus ride after a 12 hour flight!!

box

45? Wow that is short. We have some cities where it can take well over 2+30 to get to and from the hotel at certain times of the day.

Latest resources

Back