• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Intoxicated US pilot pulled from cockpit in Netherlands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So what happens here. Assuming the news reports are accurate and that he was above the limit - does the company deal with it internally or does the FAA step in?

I believe the FAA limit is .04. However, if the FOM specifies lower than .023, than it is controlling document and may lead to certificate action.

Only in Amsterdam where hooker are in the windows and legal drugs are everywhere. How ironic. Rick Sanchez of CNN reported that this was twice the limit here in the US. Another expert with a camera.:rolleyes:

Yeah, that makes sense! Pilots never get caught in the US for being over the limit!!! Also some recent incidents in LHR spring to mind and just last month a UPS guy got caught in Poland( I believe).

But only in Amsterdam. :rolleyes:

I don't think AA even flies to AMS.

Edit:

How accurate are those breath tests anyway? I would have requested a blood test.

Last edited:
The BAC devices are calibrated every few months, so yes they are accurate.

Lets not be our own worst enemies on this one and not tear our fellow aviators apart. We do not know the facts.

Simply put, they are watching, so if you have an issue, seek help from your HIMS department at your airline.

It was a Delta pilot.

M

.023 is 1 beer for a 160lb man. Burn off rate is approx.015 per hour.

What the hell kind of country arrests and fines you for that?

ACL65PILOT, I beg to differ. I got the following information from another aviation website. Take a look (really interesting read):

Breathalyzer Accuracy - Page 1

Breathalyzer Accuracy - Facts & Info

Breathalyzer Accuracy

Bottom line. Be responsible.

You can beg to differ, but I know for a fact that the ones used in DOT testing have to be calibrated. I am sure that they do the same over there. If the machine was not calibrated correctly then the person get off.

Latest resources

Back