Interveiw advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sluggo

I have an interveiw with FedEx in a few days.....And I'm getting a little nervous. Can you guys come with me and hold my hand? Seriously, I'm just looking for some tips to help me relax. Thanks, Slug

I know nothing about fedex specifically but in general I think of interviews as....

they called you.

they want to hire you.

give yourself extra time, no distractions, and wear something you are confident and comfortable in!

remember, they want you just as bad!!

Best of luck!

Gulfstream 200 said:
remember, they want you just as bad!!

People, stay away from the pipe please! That's the biggest bunch of dog $hit advice you can give someone. That being said, just go in there be yourself and convience them that you're the man for the job!

I think a positive attitude is very important and you want them to see that. So smile and honestly, enjoy the experience. I'm guessing that you've wanted this interview for some time, so go and ENJOY it.

If you are prepared well and can relax and enjoy the day, you'll be doing everything that you can to make a good impression them. The rest is up to them and as such, out of your hands.

Gulfstream 200 said:
...they want to hire you...

Not trying to sound mean or anything, but when I conducted interviewsfor my place the first thing I did before I called anyone was check outtheir credentials. If they matched what I was looking for, thenI'd call. The interview was their chance to sell themself tome. I was looking for reasons not to hire someone. If I found one, I didn't. If I found no reasons, then I figuredit was worth while to check out the references. If all of thosechecked out, then I'd think about who the most qualified individual was.

I don't buy the "if you get a call, it's yours to lose" thing. Ifyou get a call, you go in there and sell yourself to theinterviewers. They need to know why you are the best man to situp there and fly one of their airplanes and why they shouldn't evenhave to think about you or some other guy.

Just my thoughts though...aviation may be completely different from everything else, so...it's worth what ya paid for it.

-mini

Laugh to calm the nerves...

Best advice I ever had - when you get nervous, try to think ofsomethingreally funny - it is physiologically impossible to be nervousand laughat the same time. It's true - try it. SometimesI'll think about a funnymovie scene to calm myself down and itworks. Do that and try to smile -and remember that you arethere because you fit the criteria - you're alucky guy... Good luck and let us know how it goes.

sluggo said:
I have an interveiw with FedEx in a few days.....And I'm getting a little nervous. Can you guys come with me and hold my hand? Seriously, I'm just looking for some tips to help me relax. Thanks, Slug

Hopefully you called AlbieF15- He is supposed to be the man to chill ya out before a Fred Ex interview....... Albie are you there??

Too little, too late

dogg said:
Hopefully you called AlbieF15- He is supposed to bethemantochill ya out before a Fred Ex interview.......Albieareyouthere??

I'm scratching my head and wondering about the timing of this greatoutpouring of interview advice. The thread was dead for over two weeks.Then yesterday, in a different thread, Sluggo (who started this thread)announced that he got the thumbs down from FEDEX, that flying is acrappy career, we are all doomed, he's quitting, he wishes he'd gone tolaw school, etc. All of a sudden a bunch of folks start pitching inadvice.

Irony? Cruelty? C
oincidence?​

Latest resources

Back