International Jumpseating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ Pilot

I have a lot of time off this month, am going to try to see the world via the jumpseat. Have never jumpseated internationally before. Could someone please tell me what is involved? I think I have to first go to the ticket counter to pay an int'l tax, then proceed to the gate to show the capt. my credentials, get the form signed, etc.

Are the procedures any different if jumpseating from Europe or Asia? Thank you.

What airlines are you planning on using? You do need to pretty much go to the counter first regaurdless of the airline.

What airlines are you planning on using? You do need to pretty much go to the counter first regaurdless of the airline.

Which counter are you talking about SJS?

If you are taking DAL, there are a few special things to consider.

If you are thinking about DAL, ask specifically, I have taken them int'l a few times.

Which counter are you talking about SJS?

If you are taking DAL, there are a few special things to consider.

If you are thinking about DAL, ask specifically, I have taken them int'l a few times.

The ticket counter... Whats the SJS about?

Ok, I will redirect this thread.

I am looking at j/s seating back from LGW next month. Approx how much are taxes to depart and come back to the US? Do I pay the taxes at the counter or gate? Do I have to have a ticket or something to get throught security in uniform? Can I take more than one back through security in the UK while in uniform?

Oh, I don't know. Probably something you posted here that pretty much says you suffer from the SJS affliction

Yeah, that was an a$$hole thing for me to say - I sent that guy a PM telling him I thought so. I think like most of us I say things on Flight Info that I would just as soon forget. I wouldn't agree with you that I suffer from SJS and I think if you knew more about me you would agree but for now you can call me whatever you want. Sorry for being rude.

Last edited:
Ok, I will redirect this thread.

I am looking at j/s seating back from LGW next month. Approx how much are taxes to depart and come back to the US? Do I pay the taxes at the counter or gate? Do I have to have a ticket or something to get throught security in uniform? Can I take more than one back through security in the UK while in uniform?

I'll try to be usefull in addition to my arguements on here.

I can't remember the taxes from the UK back to the US.

Go to the ticket counter and tell them you would like to jumpseat. Depending on the airline they will have to go to a service desk or the agent your talking to you can help you out. They will take you ID/Passport ask a few questions and possible have you fill out some forms (depending on the airline).

At the ticket counter they will give you a pass to get to the gate or they may give you a boarding pass right there. It really just depends on the situation I've had both happen.

You should be able to carry a "reasonable" amout of bags thru security depending on the airline. The liquids or gels thing might get you however and you'll need to check your stuff.

I would just go ZED or ID90 on VA or BA but thats just me. Delta does treat you well.

I would just go ZED or ID90 on VA or BA but thats just me. Delta does treat you well.

I would prefer to go via ZED but alas my company is not part of the program. It has been a few yrs since I have j/s int'l and with all the new bag restiction outta the UK this should be real fun.

I have gotten used to traveling to Europe and Asia as a pax and that ain't exaclty a barrel 'o fun anymore.

Latest resources

Back