• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Poo

I can never seem to get out of it....

Any headset will work

I have been using my Telex ANR headset I used for the props all these years in the CRJ. It is comfortable, so I continue to use it. You could spend a over $200 and get a jet headset or just use any old headset.

Author of www.crjstudyguide.com

Welcome to the CRJ. It is a good bird and you will soon learn how short the runways are in a catagory D no slat plane. The cockpit is comfortable but kinda noisy with the avionics fans whirring and also down low & fast, like 10K and 335kts.

Everybody has their preference, but after trying several headsets I settled on the Telex 750 With the addition of the OregonAero earcups. I think it is www.oregonaero.com . They are about 50 bucks, cut out the fan and wind noise, don't eat any batteries, fold flat on top of your jepps in your bag and are light & comfortable.

BTW, 121 requires headsets with boom mikes below FL180, so I'm sure the interphone is standard in just about all planes these days. At ACA/IDE we use the interphone all the time. Just don't be the gomer that stays hot miked while eating, coughing, or flirting with the FA on interphone.

Enjoy training & good luck!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back