Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RX7 PILOT

Where'd Who Go?
I'm a relatively new CFI and I have a couple of students. The company i'm flying for just lost a plane to maitenance and it's going to be down for a while. Can I rent a plane from another airport and instruct from it?

You need to be up front with the folks you are renting the plane from. FBO insurance often covers instruction only with the FBO's instructors.

That said, there's no harm in asking around. So drop by the place with the airplanes for rental and ask them if it would be ok. Heck, you could wind up with another job ;). Just don't get yourself into a situation where are you are sneaking students into someone else's airplane without them knowing about it. That would be a really bad way to start a career.

the airplane must be within 100 inspection, not just annual inspection and the owner need to know to be sure the insurance will cover- so you don't open yourself to be sued if there is damage - like previous post said- ask the owner,

Look at the logbook for time -tach time- local FSDO is telling pilots that if you rent a plane out of 100 hour- its on you.

Latest resources

Back