• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Indy- Massive Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just curious, how many of us Blueridgers are going to other regionals? Personally, I can't stomach $19/hr, bottom of another seniority list, commuting to another $#ithole, being on reserve and going through 3 months of training w/o pay and being away from family, and upgrades are practically nonexistant. I remember non-reving/jumpseating on Delta was a joke...planes were always overbooked. Also, everyone seems to be having contract problems...anyone getting out of the game?

To all the ACAI pilots I just wanted to say best wishes to you guys. I hope things work out. As I've flown with many of you when I was a flight attendant for the 3 years I was there. You guys are awesome! God Bless All!

House_X said:
I'm just curious, how many of us Blueridgers are going to other regionals? Personally, I can't stomach $19/hr, bottom of another seniority list, commuting to another $#ithole, being on reserve and going through 3 months of training w/o pay and being away from family, and upgrades are practically nonexistant. I remember non-reving/jumpseating on Delta was a joke...planes were always overbooked. Also, everyone seems to be having contract problems...anyone getting out of the game?

I'm out. Time for livable wages, home every night, not spending Christmas and New Years on the road. I was a career changer, so it's back to my old gig. It was fun while it lasted.

'TOGA to Ten'

House_X said:

I had already taken the voluntary furlough when it was offered - don't plan on coming back to the airline industry.

Best of luck to my former roommate Blueridgers and the great guys I met while working on the ramp at IAD and ORD. I know at least one of my ex-roomies is planning on getting out, after seeing his fourth furlough.

For those that are wondering what's left and want to bail... If you're under 30, I strongly urge you to consider going to one of those ATC schools and become an ATC'er. There are community college programs in Beaver County, PA (PIT); Miami, FL; and suburban Los Angeles. At the school I'm attending, my flight time and my prior bacherlor's degree allow me to complete my ATC civillian program in 18 credit hours. Who knows when friggin OK City is going to call. Total out of state tuition is around $180/cr.

Good Luck fellas. Anyone with a citation type rating and PIC time PM me if interested in a 91/135 captain position.

Best of luck guys. Lots of friends there and they are putting up their safety nets, if they have one. Nobody should ever have to go through that, we work to hard.

Realyman said:
That sucks! I did not know Indy Air was doing that bad. Wow! Good luck to all. Apply to ASA, we are hiring. PM me if you need info.

You really don't know why Indy Air was doing so bad?
1. They are flying RJ's on routes that airlines with bigger more comfortable airplanes and they are the same price as most of those airlines with more comfortable airplanes.

2 They have not marketed their product very well. They deceided to not market themselves on the internet. (Cheaptickest.com, Expedia, Priceline for example)

I am not an airline pilot so therefore I see this like any other passenger buying a ticket. I have no good reason to buy a ticket on them. What do they have to offer that the others do not?

I do not wish anything bad about the company as I have friends that work there also, but it seems like to me the whole business plan is flawed.

Bandit60 said:
You really don't know why Indy Air was doing so bad?
1. They are flying RJ's on routes that airlines with bigger more comfortable airplanes and they are the same price as most of those airlines with more comfortable airplanes.

2 They have not marketed their product very well. They deceided to not market themselves on the internet. (Cheaptickest.com, Expedia, Priceline for example)

I am not an airline pilot so therefore I see this like any other passenger buying a ticket. I have no good reason to buy a ticket on them. What do they have to offer that the others do not?

Your insight is amazing. I bet no one has though of any of this. Thanks for pointing it out to the folks who are going to be losing their jobs. I bet it makes things a lot easier.

Latest resources

Back