Increasing FO pay to compensate for Age 65

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CF34-3B1

WHEREAS: All pilots have until now, enjoyed the career advancements associated with mandatory retirement at age 60, and

WHEREAS: Those First Officers who expected that same career advancement will no longer benefit from it, and

WHEREAS: Those pilots approaching age 60 have received a windfall in the form of career earnings not previously expected, and

WHEREAS: The Association knowingly and willfully did expend dues money collected from those First Officers to effect the change to Age 65,therefor

BE IT RESOLVED: That The Association shall seek to increase pay for those First Officers between the years when they would have upgraded to Captain under Age 60 and the time they are able to upgrade under Age 65 to a minimum of 75% of Captain pay, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: That this increase in First Officer pay shall, if necessary, be funded by a commensurate decrease in pay for those Captains who have reached Age 60.

Last edited:
WHEREAS: All pilots have until now, enjoyed the career advancements associated with mandatory retirement at age 60, and

WHEREAS: Those First Officers who expected that same career advancement will no longer benefit from it, and

WHEREAS: Those pilots approaching age 60 have received a windfall in the form of career earnings not previously expected, and

WHEREAS: The Association knowingly and willfully did expend dues money collected from those First Officers to effect the change to Age 65,therefor

BE IT RESOLVED: That The Association shall seek to increase pay for those First Officers between the years when they would have upgraded to Captain under Age 60 and the time they are able to upgrade under Age 65 to a minimum of 75% of Captain pay, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED: That this increase in First Officer pay shall, if necessary, be funded by a commensurate decrease in pay for those Captains who have reached Age 60.

i second the motion

i agree at least 50% on the next contract for FOs that will be a start. Everyone will get a mininum of 15 days off like southwest. Or we will burn down the house!!!

Honestly I say we still burn down the house. Really, what has ALPA done correct for the last 10-20 years? ALPA needs to go. We can do much better with a new quicker, seniority blocked association. As for the negotiations, DUMP THE A PLAN, GIVE ME 100 MORE PER HOUR!

Why not just fix the major airline payrates across the board....not just the FO's. I seem to remember the pay pre 9/11 being good enough that you didn't have to upgrade at a major to make a decent living.....kind of like at Southwest these days.
But if you take what the Legacy's made pre 9/11 plus cost of living increases for 6 years......that would be better than just increasing pay for FO's....doncha think?

The American pilots have the right idea but they don't stand a chance if they are the only ones seeking a 50+ percent increase. I'll tell you this....when it all shakes out, I think you'll all have the APA to thank for raising the bar. I commute on them from time to time and their pilots are pretty pissed.

Do you really think the same greedy bastards that brought you this age 65 bullsh_t would spend 1 minute or 1 penny trying to get FO's something because of the shaft job they handed down?

Pilots and ALPA have shown their true colors - unionism is a joke - its everyman for himself.

Latest resources

Back