In Memory of Rich.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please Stop.

Amen. I know this place is completely classless, but let's try to change that when it comes to someone dying at least.

Every 43 minutes someone dies from suicide.
Every 18 seconds someone attempts suicide.
People who die from suicide don't want their lives to end, they want their pain to end.
Mach you are an ignorant coward.
My thoughts are with my AirTran peers and our fallen brothers wife and family.
In unity even when it hurts.

Well said Money. The pain from depression (which can happen regardless of outside factors) can be horrible.

I'm sorry Rich decided to take his own life. Prayers to his wife and family. I wouldn't wish depression on anyone. It's painful for the person involved and their family.

PCL made a nice post on the other thread. People may not agree on every issue, but we should have a common ground that we don't get too personal no matter how much we disagree. I'm saddened that I didn't get to meet Rich and eventually fly with him. I think he would have liked working for SW. That goes for all my AirTran brothers and sisters as well.

Godspeed Rich.

Only he knows.

I am deeply saddened by the news. While I never liked the guy and argued with him on subject of SLI at every opportunity, I feel very sorry for what happened. Rich was very passionate in what he believed. He loved SWA and trusted upper management. He convinced 86% of AirTran pilots to give up their seniority under strong argument that their jobs were at stake. Rich truly believed that. At recent arbitration, Company made a statement that the "Threat" was simply a negotiation tactic. It was a bluff, said Company VP, and your merger committee went for it. Basically they used Rich and others to set up positive relationship with SWAPA going into contract talks. And when he was no longer useful, they threw him under a bus making him scapegoat. I think it was too much for Rich to handle. Really sad.

It's amazing to me how some stranger thinks he knows exactly why the man ended his life and so confidently explains to others and blame certain party for what happened...... Come on now. We all have our personal issues and problems regardless of how happy we may look to others. Only that person really knows why this happened and nobody else.

RIP, brother. Prayers for his family, friends and Airtran Family.

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=153986

I think some of you should really feel ashamed of yourselves. Out of morbid curiosity, I searched his username and came out with this gem among others. internet bullying is right.

A case could be made that Ty Webb was legally culpable in this tragedy. PCL has no right to talk either.

Sad, sad, sad.

Words have meaning people. Anonymous typing CAN cause harm.

"Morbid Curiosity"? You have no idea what was going on in his mind or his heart, and your comments are inappropriate and childish.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back