Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a Lynx Pilot and I'm working for a screwed Regional for a LCC Regional Airline.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We at CAL are going to do all we can to keep our flying where it belongs. IN HOUSE. They want to fly 170's and 190s over here at CAL thats fine. They can staff them with mainline pilots and pay mainline rates.

Ok, so what is the benchmark mamba? What are mainline rates for the 170? Or do you just make something up?

Its a serious question. You claim there are mainline rates for that bird? Ok, what are they. This should be easily documented, right?

Lets have it?

Don't speak of such things! We at CAL are going to do all we can to keep our flying where it belongs. IN HOUSE. They want to fly 170's and 190s over here at CAL thats fine. They can staff them with mainline pilots and pay mainline rates.
"In house." Glad you feel that way. You're one, now you need to get 2499 more to agree with you--not a chance. They had this discussion about xjet and it was basically "we don't associate with small-plane pilots." Then, 274 planes later--all bought with mainline money; and 2500 xjet pilots later--none on CAL's seniority list; and every xjet seat bought by mainline at cost plus 10%--you've got the ever-shrinking mainline, Q400s, guys on furlough, concessionary contract, Smisek B. Lorenzo in charge, and an endless PEZ dispenser of pilots wanting to help the company out of whatever jam du jour they're in. Last time the "loan" was voted in by guys wanting to protect their retirements. Snap. They raised the retirement age so they're still here. One more concessionary contract ought to do it.

This is not directed at you, mamba20, but is just a general frustration with the whole VJM culture.

Last edited:
Why in the h*ll would anyone want to leave the corporate world? Regional guys are leaving for corporate work all the time. I wish I could fall into a nice corporate gig where I could be treated with respect and be compensated commiserate with my experience.

Corporate world is no different than the airlines looking to downsize by getting rid of people and equipment.

Latest resources

Back