• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I'm a Green Carder about to be recalled

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The SecTrans has an issue with profiling. Given his background, I can understand that. However, there are security programs out there that work and work very well. But this country has ignored them completely. Our government has a history of reinventing the wheel and a bad case of the 'Not invented here' syndrome.

Kenny.......Snowback

"Kenny" Thank you very much for the info. I sent you a PM........"Snowback" Someday I will do just that. I have been putting it off for a long time. :D

So kenny,
An applicant for an interview who is green card holder
even if he succesfully pass the interview procces he wiil not be offered the position because:
a) he is not an american citizen and
b)he was not qualified to fly over 12.500lbs post 9/11?

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Any non US citizen qualified to fly an aircraft weighing over 12,500lbs in the US before the rulemaking came into effect (sometime in early 2002) will be eligible to continue flying aircraft over 12,500lbs. This is subject to a Department of Justice background check.

If you are flying for the same airline uninterrupted, you do not have to go through the check. Being furloughed and recalled will necessitate the check as will being hired by a new company.

The check involves the airline applying on your behalf through the Dept of Justice for and anti terrorist background screening. All you have to do is sign an authorization to release your records. It is very simple and can take up to 45 days. However, I am a non US citizen about to start training with a new company and mine took less than a week.

It is my understanding that any non US citizen who was not qualified to fly an aircraft weighing over 12,500lbs before the rulemaking is not eligible for the check and will not be able to fly such an aircraft in the US.

To all Concerned

After extensive research I finally found the info regarding this issue. It falls under the (ATSA) act under section 113 and with the (DOJ) is called the " Flight Training Candidate Checks Program". For lots of info on this subject go to, https://www.flightschoolcandidates.gov/. This takes care of all my questions. Thanx to all of you for you input.:D

Last edited:
Ksus,

I think the answer to your question depends on the company doing the hiring and to a large extent how difficult they view the whole security check process to be. ACA for instance were prepared to interview aliens although they would tell you that in order to be offered a class date you would have to wait until the security check system was working. For some this meant a 6 month wait and for others it has meant an indefinite wait.

On the other hand, I know one of the other big regionals that will ask if you have a US passport during the telephone pre-screening. If you answer yes, no problems. If you answer no, you won't get a follow up call for an interview. Now I know this compny has a lot of foreign nationals working for them. So it's not a problem with aliens, just that they are not prepared to waste time interviewing people they can't offer class dates to. I can't say I blame them.

This whole system, while well intentioned, doesn't seem to have been thought out well enough. I'm all for keeping the skies safer, but it doesn't seem that smart to say that you want pilots to have security checks, but not tell them how to go about it.

Kenny,

Latest resources

Back