Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T

TDTURBO

What are some of the remarks put into an IFR flight plan and what do they mean?

I know there are some things that could be useful such as No STAR or DP, Student Pilot, Pilot NAV......... There are probably a hundred more, what are some of the ones you have used?

I flew for a charter company that used a FAA approved callsign. The aircraft number was a coded three letters, plus two letters from the aircraft N number. The callsign was then placed in the remarks section in quotation marks.

On ambulance flights or organ transports, we would sometimes include the nature of the flight in there.

For training flights, you can include comments that it's a training flight, or other pertiment information. Whatever you think is appropriate, really.

Life Guard , for air ambulance flights.

I've used "via radar vectors" when flying direct without any area navigation equipment.

I've always heard that if you put "No SID No STAR" on the flight plan that the only thing they'll do is read you the procedure so you'll end up having to do it anyway. It's easier just to get the thing out and fly it, unless of course you don't have it on board.

Up here near PDX we use 'mulitple approaches' quite a bit because they will let us shoot a bunch of approaches to different airports on one flight plan.

Latest resources

Back