• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

if you are hired as a captain..... EJA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hired off the street to be a Captain? Your Union allows this? What about the FO's waiting for upgrade? Don't you have a senority system?

Netjets is hiring Captains "off the street" to avoid losing them to other aircraft. When an FO is forced to upgrade into the Ultra, pilot's seat locks are released allowing them to bid other aircraft.
Lots of folks came over to the X that way. Some guys came to the X after being here 9 - 12 months.
If you are hired into the Ultra as CA you gotta stay on the Ultra for two years, unless your seat lock is removed by the Company.

Let me be the first to tell ya... There's allot more to being a Captain at NJA than flying the bird. The flying is only 3% of the job...

No amount of flight time can prepare you for the Captains position at the company... Its a state of mind... Good luck, I was in the Ultra 2 years and had a blast...

Cliff
Excel

Last edited:
Then you go home (for a week or two) and come back for 25 hours with an IOE.

It's more like 50 hours or so now. The process is being changed. The guys on the line were the last to find out. Probably going to see 25hrs of sic ioe then another 25 or more for PIC ioe.

After that, you take some more time off, back again for 100 to 250 hours of supervised flight with another captain, (you are then called and considered a captain in training) and somewhere in the last go around, you are blessed and out on your own.

Supursivised flight with another captain means you are going to do that time in the right seat. Most of the captains in the ultra don't have enough time to swap seats.

My advise try and learn as much as you can from all captains. Just because we have hired new hire captains doesn't mean much, except it's a way for the company to try and force fill slots that guys in the right seats don't want.

As usual PM me if you have more questions.

Latest resources

Back