Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Warren sells NJA, is that a good thing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yep, and you're not onboard with us in our fight.

I am edging in your direction, actually, to my surprise. Maybe I worry too much about what the company can afford. I still think the "embarass Warren" campaign is a bad idea.

So what is the revenue that Flightsafety earns from Netjets. First and foremost we will never know the true number, because it is a way to shift expenses and reduce profits at The union shop. That aside, if ten percent of the pilots go through an initial every year, that would be 270 initials plus 270 recurrents for those pilots. The remaining 90% attend two recurrents per year. 90% times 2700 times 2 = 4860 plus 270 = 5130 recurrents a year. I dont know what a recurrent or initial cost, but i'll be conservative.

5130 x 10,000 = $51,300,000

270 x 30000 = $8.100,000

Annual revenue approaching approximately $60,000,000

Thats a big number.

Au contraire, my fine golfing friend. 4 percent is not huge for businesses in general, actually it is tepid, and after years of losses. If I were WB, NJA would be someone else's headache. And Flight Safety would probably be the trainer for NJA owned by another entity, so that benefit is illusory, in my HUMBLE opinion.
I was in your neighborhood last week, but didn't have time to call. Cheers!

Do you understand the difference between return on REVENUE and return on INVESTED CAPITAL?

Look at return on REVENUE at ANY airline. They do backflips in the hallways in Dallas, Chicago, and Atlanta when ROR hits 3%. Demanding 4-6% ROR in the aviation world is like demanding an ex-wife has to pay alimony to YOU.

AIN'T. GONNA. HAPPEN.

But if you gave your stockbroker $1000 on January 1st and he cut you a check for $1,225 on December 31st, you'd probably whistle a lively tune all the way to the bank. THAT is roughly the rate of return on INVESTED CAPITAL that NetJets earned BH in 2013.

And if we were sold (Also, AIN'T. GONNA. HAPPEN.), one of the first phone calls would probably be to SimuFlite so, yeah, NJ is a substantial contributor to BH via FSI that affects the decision making process.

So what is the revenue that Flightsafety earns from Netjets. First and foremost we will never know the true number, because it is a way to shift expenses and reduce profits at The union shop. That aside, if ten percent of the pilots go through an initial every year, that would be 270 initials plus 270 recurrents for those pilots. The remaining 90% attend two recurrents per year. 90% times 2700 times 2 = 4860 plus 270 = 5130 recurrents a year. I dont know what a recurrent or initial cost, but i'll be conservative.

5130 x 10,000 = $51,300,000

270 x 30000 = $8.100,000

Annual revenue approaching approximately $60,000,000

Thats a big number.

Retail on a Gulfstream V recurrent is almost TRIPLE your estimate and initials about double. Can't say about the other fleets. But you can bet your a$$ we pay retail. So your number is VERY conservative.

Oh, and by the way Dude, embarrassing Warren publicly is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do. It is likely the ONLY way to drive the change necessary to save this company. Sounds counterintuitive, but that's how I see it.

Oh, and by the way Dude, embarrassing Warren publicly is ABSOLUTELY the right thing to do. It is likely the ONLY way to drive the change necessary to save this company. Sounds counterintuitive, but that's how I see it.

I hope you're right.

Retail on a Gulfstream V recurrent is almost TRIPLE your estimate and initials about double. Can't say about the other fleets. But you can bet your a$$ we pay retail. So your number is VERY conservative.

I agree completely. It was too late at night to call my buds over at CAE. If I was really motivated, I would actually breakdown the cost by the number of pilots in each fleet seeing that this information is readily available.

My point was to show that the revenue supplied to FSI by Netjets is no small number...

Latest resources

Back