If It Ain't Boeing, I Ain't Going

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bally

As a pilot who has been based in Le Borge France for the past six months, I am amazed at the contempt the French have against the United States. While I thought this was only among the folks living in and around Paris, I am seeing this sentament country wide.

While I am all for a global economy, I have to agree with that old fart Andy Runey on 60 minutes last night when he said that given history, the French have not earned the right to opposed or interfere with our mission to do what is necessary to protect our interests.

While mabey I am overly simplistic, given what is happening in the world today, it seems to me that the true colors of the French are shining through.

I would now rather drink a Napa Merlot over a French Merlot, and I would rather fly on a Boeing aircraft over an Air Bus, which even though it is manufacutred by the EU, the AirBus is really a French airplane.

Except for SWA, are there any other airlines that only operate American manufactured aircraft? My wife, who has been a purchasing agent at Boeing for 6 years, told me that 80% of the bill of materials on current production Boeing aircraft are manufactured in the US. Good for Boeing!

With my Sister deployed in Saudi, and my Grandfather and two Uncles buried in Europe from WWII, a bit of nationalism and pride seems appropriate.

Except for SWA

I like what the analyst on tv said - French tanks have 6 gears; one forward and five reverse.

IMO (shared by many of us who haven't imbibed the Airbus kool-aide) the -320 is a piece of junk compared with comparable Boeing products.

I would like to share in your disdane, but somehow I can't. I served 11 years in the USAF and am extremely proud to be part of a great AMERICAN upstart airline, JetBlue, even if we do fly French built planes that have parts from many European countries and the US. My disappointment is not with the French or the Germans. My disappointment lies in the millions of protesters that marched the last few weeks right here in the United States-- a country that saw an attack worse than Pearl Harbor but has no guts to say "Remember 9/11" as the masses did when they rallied around "Remember Pearl Harbor" or the "Alamo". It is amazing how quick we forget those poor souls jumping out of the World Trade Center... Granted, Iraq and Al-Qaeda may have no ties, but what kind of UN are we going to have if there is no teeth to their numerous resolutions that are not complied with... I wish there was a way to rally a million folks in support of our troops, the ones who are on the line every day supporting our FREEDOM.

Bally said:

Except for SWA, are there any other airlines that only operate American manufactured aircraft? My wife, who has been a purchasing agent at Boeing for 6 years, told me that 80% of the bill of materials on current production Boeing aircraft are manufactured in the US. Good for Boeing!

Except for SWA

SONG. LOL. Delta mainline.

Take care,

NYR

Bally said:
Except for SWA, are there any other airlines that only operate American manufactured aircraft?

ATA

The French Air "Force" has a new flag. It is all white.

Jay Leno said that the French are not convinced that Michael Jackson has had plastic surgery, aparently they need more evidence.

The french are the only people that would try to make an idiot proof plane. I guess they have no faith in the quality of their pilots.

My grandma's last name was Matchett and we thought is was French. I was dissapointed for the longest time, untill last year when we learned infact it British. I was so happy I swore allegiance to the Queen Mother.

My nephew gave me a Bart Simpson quote about the French that I like a lot: "The French are cheese-eating surrender monkeys..."

Hey, the French are owed more than $10 billion by Saddam's regime and they have considerable oil interests CURRENTLY in the country - no big surprise about their leanings...

It's very sad - but the French never dissappoint in the rudeness department....

Most Air France pilots would be flying for Lufthansa if it weren't for us... right? Next time Luxembourg threatens to invade France, I say - let them!!!!!!!! Enough France bashing for now.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back