• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If Delta were to hire...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The management spin on Memphis continues to sound positive...at least better than CVG, which isn't saying much. That being said, if they pull the 9's out without replacing them with something other than RJ's then I think we'll have our answer on the future of MEM. ACL, what are you hearing?

MEM CP says no decrease in flying in MEM is expected. With the increase in utilization plus a shift of DC9 flying out of MSP will cover the loss in airframes. Also the -9 will be see increased flying as a result of the through ATL routes that are coming soon also. The DC9's were under utilized before so this uptick in utilization plus bid offs is covering the dc9 flying. Actually, the DC9 is getting more senior and if it shrinks then it will only get more senior because a large % of those on the DC9 still are there by choice. Time will tell if thats the junior plane going forward. My guess is that it wont be We'll see

There is also a rumor about at Guam base. Probably not immediately but 2-4 years away (if it doesn't sink).

New hires can end up there....
Apparently a Congressman from Georgia is worried it could "capsize" if we base things there. The Navy's Pacific Fleet Commander doesn't think this is likely. The Congressman corrects him and says global warming wasn't anticipated either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9R-cQ_A_6w

Guess that's why the Gentleman is an Admiral. Impossible for most of us to restrain ourselves as well as he did.

Last edited:
Why (other than technically the military officer) doesn't someone being questioned by the Arsehats in congress grow a pair, stand up and remind these D.B.'s that they work for US at OUR pleasure not the other way around? I really wish I could have been in the room when the clowns went after the auto execs. I'd have had every one of those brainless twits running for a door.

Latest resources

Back