Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DrunkIrishman

Cocaine is a helluva drug
If the TA is voted down, what is the next step. Will the arbitrators step in and force something on the pilots and the company, or can they go back to the table? Or will they just call a strike?

DrunkIrishman said:
If the TA is voted down, what is the next step. Will the arbitrators step in and force something on the pilots and the company, or can they go back to the table? Or will they just call a strike?

Well, it is all speculation, but it could go back to the arbitrators, and they could rule in favor of the company. But, that would be dumb to do, since that would result in the contract being thrown out, and a strike after that, liquidating the company. So, I would think it would lead to more negotiations. Scope is the major issue here, and it was a "no cost" item supposedly. I am voting NO due to the fact that they did not respect our current furloughed pilots.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General,

Is Troy Kane the most junior pilot that is currently working, or is he the most junior furlough?

They'll be back at Square One. I don't know Troy Kane, but I duz know Big Daddy Kane. BOUYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

SSDD said:
General,

Is Troy Kane the most junior pilot that is currently working, or is he the most junior furlough?

He is the bottom guy seniority wise at Delta, and he has been furloughed since November of 2001.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I am the most junior guy on furlough from Delta. 4 1/2 years and counting and counting and counting.

tbkane said:
I am the most junior guy on furlough from Delta. 4 1/2 years and counting and counting and counting.

We'll try to get you back Troy...........by voting NO!!!

It's the least this joke of a Union could do before farming out your job to another dues paying member or allowing more greenslips.

Keep the faith, I walked in your shoes!!

Best regards.

General Lee said:
Well, it is all speculation, but it could go back to the arbitrators, and they could rule in favor of the company. But, that would be dumb to do, since that would result in the contract being thrown out, and a strike after that, liquidating the company. So, I would think it would lead to more negotiations. Scope is the major issue here, and it was a "no cost" item supposedly. I am voting NO due to the fact that they did not respect our current furloughed pilots.

Bye Bye--General Lee
Your kidding me, right dog?

You voted no and jepordized your career for the furloughed guys? It wasn't scope or pay or work rules?

No offense...it may sound great...but I don't believe you. You think the rest is acceptable but not for the furloughed guys. Knowing that this vote could ruin their chance there would be an airline to come back to...I wonder how the furloughed guys would vote on the TA. And if they voted no is it because of the furloughed guys...or because the TA just plane sucks and the airline is just not worth coming back to.

The truth is we can only vote for ourselves and our families.

Peace out.

tbkane said:

I agree with Gen Lee. This TA is a screw job for the furloughs. Don't know about the other Delta pilots, but I will not support anything that is not a good deal for all the pilots at Delta.....including Troy.

Voting no.

Last edited:
tbkane said:

Bet you never expected to get so much publicity, and for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck to you (and everyone at Delta).

Latest resources

Back