Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

If DAL pilots take cut - how it compares.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

fareview

Legit query, not flame.

Obviously this is starting to get real.

The question is a lot of people would like to know in the event that the pilots were to accept the current offer by DAL mgt - how would it compare to the other pilots of passenger narrow/widebody aircraft in the U.S.?

Respectfully,

fareview

That would mean other Airline's would follow with pay cuts. DAL wanted a BIG pay raise after UAL got one (See United Plus). Now that UAL has taken a BIG pay cut, DAL don't want to play same same.

what is that avtar, Mr. Ed?

FDJ2 said:
There's more to what the company is demanding then just pay rates. Much more.

its not the pay cut that bothers me. Honestly, I would accept the companies pay proposal and move on. Its the other things that I object too and will strike over. First and foremost for me scope.

I understand scope, the biggest talk we here on the line from jumpseaters is retirement that is the big money issue.

Skyjet said:
I understand scope, the biggest talk we here on the line from jumpseaters is retirement that is the big money issue.

retirement is a big issue, but not in the way you think. Pretty much all the Delta pilots recognize that the pension is going to be terminated. Fine. But the company does not want to place any value on that. They are seeking 300million a year. Terminating the pension is worth at least that much. I say terminate the pension, we go back to LOA 46 pay rates and call it even.

Micheal707767 has it about right (my wife is a DAL pilot). Management is using the 1113c as a punitive measure for the 2000 contract, to bust the union, and to line their pockets post bankruptcy, since they know the sacrifices already in place will put the airline in a much better position later this year.

Disregarding the contribution of sacrificing the pension plan is really the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Champ4227

HarryParatestes said:
That would mean other Airline's would follow with pay cuts. DAL wanted a BIG pay raise after UAL got one (See United Plus). Now that UAL has taken a BIG pay cut, DAL don't want to play same same.
What the hell are you talking about? Look at the pay rates of United and Delta. They are very similar right now. What do you think the Delta pilots should be earning?

BTW you oughta put the horses ass on your avatar because thats what you are!

Management puke!

Latest resources

Back