• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

Hypothetically...

ASA strikes......
All union airlines would not fly struck work.
SkyWest is non-union therefore operates some of these (stuck work) flights.
SkyWest pilots get blacklisted for life?
If so sounds like a great reason to bring ALPA onboard.

SkyWest management has already said we are not expected to fly struck work. We don't have enough pilots to cover our own flights, let alone struck work

If ASA strikes, Skywest, Inc. will shut the doors down for good, they say. Skywest, Inc. is on record as saying they and Delta have identified the routes that they want running until the rest of the routes can be flown. Who flys these, who knows. The routes that they need to run without interruption amounts to about 30% of the ASA flights today. Also, according to Skywest, Inc, the ASA MEC has assured them that they would never vote to strike as long as there is no talk of pay or work rule cuts. Apparently the MEC has showed its card to Skywest, which is way Skywest isn't in any rush to reach a deal. Of course all what Skywest, Inc. is saying could be BS and just posturing.

Also, according to Skywest, Inc, the ASA MEC has assured them that they would never vote to strike as long as there is no talk of pay or work rule cuts. Apparently the MEC has showed its card to Skywest, which is way Skywest isn't in any rush to reach a deal. Of course all what Skywest, Inc. is saying could be BS and just posturing.

ASA pilots already voted 92% in favor of a strike. Our MEC now has the authorization to call a strike according to the RLA.

Mediator already knows that we are at our final position on pay! He is in favor of going to the board to threaten a deadline to get the JACK@SS mgmnt team to play ball. Suppose to hear something this month. We shall see!!!

VOTED IN FAVOR!!

Mediator already knows that we are at our final position on pay! He is in favor of going to the board to threaten a deadline to get the JACK@SS mgmnt team to play ball. Suppose to hear something this month. We shall see!!!

VOTED IN FAVOR!!
what we'll hear is: we've set 3 more days of meeting between alpa/asa. The dates will be late March or early April. Most likely someplace southern and coastal (spring golf anyone???).

The first day they will each pass love notes.

The second day they'll both take TINY steps towards actually getting this thing done, then sit in private caucus.

The third day they'll leave early. When they get back, they'll BOTH blame the other for the lack of any REAL progress.

Then we wait 2 more months until they meet again.

Oh please.... I cant belive I actually agree with you on something.. But you are correct in one aspect, that is what has been happening.. I think that I have to disagree with you on prinicple just because of who you are and agree with ToMCAT..

While the pilots may of voted to strike, it is the MEC that gets the final vote and say if there is to be a strike. That's what I was referring to in my post.

Latest resources

Back