• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ice Road Truckers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i used to park next to that C46 in LRD back in the early 90's when I was conning a DC3 into Mejico and the hot spots like Ciudad Victoria in the pursuit of aerial commerce. i love the Ice Pilots show,gives me Michigan winter flashbacks of trying to keep those round engines functioning without cracking every jug due to the extreme cold. i remember one day when it was negative 40F at 4000 feet ,heading Toronto-PTk,the only time I ever pulled a contrail in a DC3 !

This is a really cool show.

Wow. That's arrogance right there!

I think a lot of 135 cargo guys could be trained to do that kind of work, particularly those who have flown SP in the northern states. I don't know enough about the 121 world to venture a guess as to whether thay could "handle it" or not.
I don't think it was a slam on the American freight dog. More like the button pushing rj wonder kids.

I would put my round engined freight guys and girls DC-3/CV340/DC4 circa 87-99,out of the PTK/YIP dojo in any clime and place and they would excel,heck we had 3's in Alaska on contract, and many forays into the Mejican Sierra Madre,God's grace we have all lived to embellish the tales.

Excellent series.. just whatched all of them.. over the past few days.. I want more.. as for dispatching.. well that I'll hold for another discussion.. hard to say just buy watching the series... look fun to fly though..

Latest resources

Back