• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IBC Airways update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I usually do not like to write negative posts but have to let everyone know about IBC.

They have been advertising on climbto350.com. Well, the D.O. (ML are his initials) is angry and bitter. He never really made it in the biz as most of his pilots left to fly jets etc... They had a huge turnover last year, wonder why??? He said they DO NOT LIKE airline people. They like young guys who are willing to pay for half their training and if they leave before two years they have to pay the other half. The ad on 350.com mentions nothing about pay for training nor being typed/current and qualified which is what they really want.

I would stay away but make up your own mind and if you do go be prepared.

the d.o. is stupid with a huge ego!!he walks around the ramp in the morning and tries to intimidate everybody. that aside it really is a great place for low timers to build some quality time. Aircraft are well maintained and people are generally great to work with.

I grew up in Miami Springs and all the local airport people ate breakfast and lunch at a place called Cozy Corner. One day dick hed locked his keys in his car and being mechanically inclined and having some repo background experience I unlocked his car for him and he just simply got in and drove off without even a thankyou. What a dic.

Yesterday IBC laid off pilots and flight attendants! Bad thing is, the flight attendants were # 1 and #2 in seniority. Pilots were not at the bottom of the list either.....IBC just picked who they wanted gone!

The root beer airline

Updated info on IBC?

I have a friend current on the Saab 340 looking for a new gig. Is this a good place to go (at least the weather would be nice out of FLL/MIA)? What are the schedules like (days off per month) and likely starting pay as FO on the Saab? Yes, I realize the pay is likely quite low from the previous posts - this guy is current on the Saab.

I hear they also operate L55s. Do the Saab pilots fly it exclusively or do they also fly the L55s?

Any updated info would be appreciated. PMs welcome too.

I have a friend current on the Saab 340 looking for a new gig. Is this a good place to go (at least the weather would be nice out of FLL/MIA)? What are the schedules like (days off per month) and likely starting pay as FO on the Saab? Yes, I realize the pay is likely quite low from the previous posts - this guy is current on the Saab.

I hear they also operate L55s. Do the Saab pilots fly it exclusively or do they also fly the L55s?

Any updated info would be appreciated. PMs welcome too.

Well, let me put it to you this way... I had a Colgan interview last year with a guy flying the Saab at IBC. I asked him how he was going to deal with the first year pay at Colgan, and he told me it would actually be a substantial raise and HUGE increase in quality of life.

Can anyone elaborate on that weird call sign? "Chazkey" or something along those lines.

Latest resources

Back