IAH Hotels

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dojetdriver

Anybody got leads on IAH commuter hotels? Typical, close to airport, realtively cheap/clean, something to eat nearby.

Thanks

Quality Inn on Will Clayon PKY next to Ghetto Ridge. After taxes $34 a night if you're a Continental or Express employee. Comfortable beds, not because they are like the Sheraton's but because they are old.

Flyin Low said:
Check the Holiday Inn on JFK. I don't know the rate, but they've got a restaurant with decent food there.

Are you talking abou the place that the new-hires stay during training? Sure "Good Eats" is good, but I would never spend my own money at that hotel. Also, a CAL pilot was shot at over there a couple of years ago.

Yeah, that's the place I'm talking about. I spent a month and a half there and survived. You're risking your life in any of those places along JFK. The place across the street caught fire while I was there. The only place that doesn't pose as much of a risk is the Sheraton, but I don't think that place is in a typical pilot's price range.

Flyin Low said:
The only place that doesn't pose as much of a risk is the Sheraton, but I don't think that place is in a typical pilot's price range.

The Sheraton is about $70 a night. There also is the "Hotel Al Qaeda" out on Will Clayton Blvd. It is also about $35, however I can not remember what the real name is :).

Latest resources

Back