• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I will Never Fly Spirit Airlines....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Non-refundable means just that. *****We may feel like giving him $200, but we cannot fault Spirit for sticking to their policy.*****

I won't fly Spirit because their seats are soooo hard(feels like an iron board) and no leg room and no free drinks.*****
I guess you did fly spirit then

All kidding aside spirit is not for everyone but many people find the savings worth it and will continue to spirit. Let's face it. Traveling is uncomfortable in coach which ever airline you choose. Why not be a little bit more uncomfortable and save a bit more money.

Just sat next to a guy (USAIR flt) who claimed that he showed up for the Spirit flight from DFW-LGA 1.5 hours prior. Only one agent doing the check-in and very slooow at it too. Flight departed with 20+ still waiting to check-in. Told "tough luck, come back tomorrow." Agent dissapeared promising manager would come out and attend to pax. No one came out, they all hid. He had to re-book himself on USAIR and eat the Spirit ticket. Craptastic.

I work for Spirit, and I never defend them, but this sounds like an exaggeration. DFW has several agents and the manager is hardcore about getting everyone on that paid, I am sure there is more to the story. Spirit does not leave paying pax behind, except in very rare occasions. Maybe next time he should jumpseat. BTW, 1.5 hours early? Come on, ticket counter to gate is not more than 100 feet through security. I call BS.

BTW, 1.5 hours early? Come on, ticket counter to gate is not more than 100 feet through security. I call BS.

The scenario as written is plausible, no matter if the distance was 10 feet. The logic is just not that difficult to understand.

I hope you don't have aspirations of becoming an attorney, or even a cheeseball private detective. Stick to your flying job.;)

So this person couldn't check in at home nor at the kiosk and no agent was around at one of NK's largest stations? Sounds like someone who walked in late, didn't get on and is angry. 1.5 hours with all of those options sounds like plenty of time.

I work for Spirit, and I never defend them, but this sounds like an exaggeration. DFW has several agents and the manager is hardcore about getting everyone on that paid, I am sure there is more to the story. Spirit does not leave paying pax behind, except in very rare occasions. Maybe next time he should jumpseat. BTW, 1.5 hours early? Come on, ticket counter to gate is not more than 100 feet through security. I call BS.

He may have been BSing me. He was in his 70`s heading to NY to see his grandson. He said a very large school/college tennis group were all trying to check-in with just one agent trying to handle the situation and the end result was they let the flight leave without checking him and a group of others in. He was probably lying though and I should have thought to just tell him to grab a jumpseat in the future or just storm security, its just 100 feet to salvation.......REALLY!

He may have been BSing me. He was in his 70`s heading to NY to see his grandson. He said a very large school/college tennis group were all trying to check-in with just one agent trying to handle the situation and the end result was they let the flight leave without checking him and a group of others in. He was probably lying though and I should have thought to just tell him to grab a jumpseat in the future or just storm security, its just 100 feet to salvation.......REALLY!

Sounds different when you tell the story this way.

Latest resources

Back