• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I will Never Fly Spirit Airlines....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "principal" should be applying the policy to all customers equally. Special treatment for some while making others abide by policy is not a "principal" that I would want to uphold.

The guy bought a non-refundable ticket. It said so in bold letters on the web site when he made his purchase. He should have owned up to his mistake and eaten the $197 loss. Turning it into a national debate was absurd.

Everyone who used to poke fun at Skybus should do the same to Spirit and Allegiant..... both have lifted identically the business model ... nickel and dime the customer to death.

Everyone who used to poke fun at Skybus should do the same to Spirit and Allegiant..... both have lifted identically the business model ... nickel and dime the customer to death.

Trust me I do. Yes they may be making money, but they are a bad joke!

Most of us who "poked fun" at Skybus did so because they were paying you RJ wages to fly an Airbus. The business model was crazy, but I don't care about that. I care about how the crews are treated. The Spirit pilots have a pretty good contract. Skybus didn't even have a contract or a union. No comparison.

Most of us who "poked fun" at Skybus did so because they were paying you RJ wages to fly an Airbus. The business model was crazy, but I don't care about that. I care about how the crews are treated. The Spirit pilots have a pretty good contract. Skybus didn't even have a contract or a union. No comparison.

how much does a 1st year Spirit Captain earn? Oh, wait, there aren't any...

So lets get some facts straight. The reason SX wages were so bad, is the same reason Jetblue, and Virign's wages were so bad in the beginning of those airlines' existence... they were new, and only had a first year pay scale. The other major difference between Skybus and the other two I mentioned above is Skybus pilots were more than ready to unionize. From what I know personally, SX pilots had voted on the teamsters and were ready to get a significant bump in pay from the 95/hr 1st year... but that's when the Morgan Stanley guys pulled the plug because oil was at over $120/barrel..

C'mon, dude -- if you're going to have a word in all caps and bold, at least make sure it's the correct word.

Lol...out of all the 'smart people' forums I visit...I.T, Engineering, CompTech, etc, aviation is the only one where I have to make sure and spell-check because pilots are such dooosh bags they will take time out of their lives to correct someone else's spelling errors...

Reminds me of the saying...what do pilots use for birth control?...their personalities lol...

Lol...out of all the 'smart people' forums I visit...I.T, Engineering, CompTech, etc, aviation is the only one where I have to make sure and spell-check because pilots are such dooosh bags they will take time out of their lives to correct someone else's spelling errors...

Reminds me of the saying...what do pilots use for birth control?...their personalities lol...

maybe there's a good reason why pilot's wages have plummeted.. After all, we are hardly a step above a bus driver in terms of intelligence required these days with the advent of computer jets.

I don't think that veterans are some sort of "super citizen" that somehow deserve different treatment than any other citizen in a situation like this.

My Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, 2 uncles, brother, sister and son were/are veterans. We have some Civil War vets in the family tree, but we missed the Spanish-American war AFAIK.

All of them except me and Grandmother were combat veterans.

I agree with Mud Eagle. I appreciate that the country respects our Vets, and that we will never go back to the dark days of the 60s and 70s.

If someone gives a vet a free ticket or something, well that's great, thank you. I appreciate the VA, thank you taxpayers. I've participated in many Patriot Guard motorcycle events.

But being a veteran isn't like being some kind of special needs kid on the short bus. I find it kind of demeaning when veterans are cast as needy victims just because they don't get a freebie of some kind.

Vets, if you want to boycott something, boycott this movie that's coming out that casts Jane Fonda as Nancy Reagan. Now that's worth a boycott!!

Setting the Veteran Issue aside....

The guy was told he had two weeks to live. Two weeks ! I can't even fathom what it is like to be looking down that barrel.

If that guy was asking for his $197 back he must have REALLY REALLY needed that cash to live out his last two weeks on this earth.

Policy and compassion are two separate things.

Spirit Airlines truly drove home the point , "We don't care about people we only care about people's money "

Non-refundable means just that. *****We may feel like giving him $200, but we cannot fault Spirit for sticking to their policy.*****

I won't fly Spirit because their seats are soooo hard(feels like an iron board) and no leg room and no free drinks.*****

Latest resources

Back