• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I thought riding on airline could not get any worse

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, no. No airlines - probably not 100 bases. I knew what I was getting into with NetJets when I got hired and I think it says something that our biggest complaints are crew food and having to airline. I personally try to look on the bright side of having to do it. It reinforces my decision not to even apply for a 121 airline and brings us new customers every day!

Consider that you are, like other frac pilots on this thread,... missing the point....

Take NJA for example....

A typical 7 day tour has 2-4 airline legs on it. (accurate?)

If the airlines did not exist.. how would that effect the frac biz model? Or how depended is the frac model on the airlines?

In addition, the 100 gateways had value to the NJA pilots... that is why the union got it back...

Finally, without 100 gateways the job wouldn't be attractive to as many pilots... Also, it allows NJA management to select from a larger pool of applicants instead of, for example, the 'best' that Northern Jersey (TEB) has to offer....

As much as some, not all, despise airline travel as part of the required frac job description, it is significant to the frac biz model. It is also significant to the employment desires and quality of life for so many frac pilots....

Without the airlines.... you wouldn't have a job.

If someone gave you guys (on this thread) $100 you'd complain it was all in $1's....

Disclaimer: No issue here with the frac pilots, biz model, lifestyle, frac industry, etc... just those who hate the airlines yet need and require the airlines to provide for their livelihood. Regardless I am sure Occam will do his best to get you there quickly and safely so you can pay your house note.

Last edited:
A typical 7 day tour has 2-4 airline legs on it. (accurate?)

If the airlines did not exist.. how would that effect the frac biz model? Or how depended is the frac model on the airlines?

In addition, the 100 gateways had value to the NJA pilots... that is why the union got it back...

Finally, without 100 gateways the job wouldn't be attractive to as many pilots... Also, it allows NJA management to select from a larger pool of applicants instead of, for example, the 'best' that Northern Jersey (TEB) has to offer....

As much as some, not all, despise airline travel as part of the required frac job description, it is significant to the frac biz model. It is also significant to the employment desires and quality of life for so many frac pilots....

Without the airlines.... you wouldn't have a job.

If someone gave you guys (on this thread) $100 you'd complain it was all in $1's....

Without the airliners we wouldn't have jobs? you're kidding right. Without airliners we'd have so much work we couldn't handle it all. Who is going to fly the rest of the exec's that are still flying the airlines? Or NJ would just continue to move pilots around on their own airplanes.

Your example is not only ridiculous, its retarded. I'm now stupider for reading it. I think the whole of FI just got stupider, and even the regional threads are shaking their heads.

No frac guy on this thread wants to address reality.....

No airlines= no frac job.

Not really, we would just base our aircraft in specific locations with their crews. We wouldn't have the flexibility we have now to bid any aircraft out of any base but our company would certainly continue to operate.

It is important for you to understand that without the airlines, the fractionals will simply use their own aircraft to move crews.

Proving runs for inter-line crew transport have already been flown by at least one fractional.

There is no "average". I've had plenty of tours where I kept my plane the entire tour, plenty where I did not.

Guys at company MX hub bases often fly their plane in and out and don't even see an airline. I used to be based at one. There are simply too many variables for a standard answer.

Without airlines there would be no economy...

He doesn't want that logic brought into this argument.

Without Bernoulli, there would be no Duck Dodgers.

Latest resources

Back