Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I-Phone saves the day, solves all delay problems...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think he was one of my sim partners at ACA/Indy.

PS I'd take an IPhone over most dispatchers any day.

OPNLGuy

I gonna see if we can get it approved to add your pax brief to our list of briefings!!

That was perfect

The guy in the commercial really is a pilot, and a friend of mine. I could give you his name, company, and seat... but that's just asking for more trouble as I'm sure you all could agree.

Anyway, IT'S A COMMERCIAL guys, not real life. Yes he is a pilot, and though I haven't talked to him about this commerical, I'm sure a story was 'brainstormed' for the commercial. Actually if you listen to it carefully, you'll see that it doesn't even make any sense... just throwing out buzz words like 'line of thunderstorms', 'dispatch', 'atc'... etc.

You can't believe everything you see on TV and you can't take everything you see seriously either. Apple is trying to sell a product... the whole point of the commercial is to make it seem like it's a product you can't live without. Advertising 101...

It's only TV...

My cohorts at UAL already have Mr. W's info, and once he upgrades, I'm assured that he'll have aircraft changes galore. (Just kidding, or am I?) ;)

I think everyone can understand that advertising takes great liberties with the truth, and that it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that Mr. Clean isn't going to "poof" out of the bottle and mop your floor for you. This commercial didn't have that kind of obviousness--for the purposes of selling phones, they took great liberties with the truth, which the non-aviation masses will now take as "truth" because of the inferred credibility of a "pilot" having said it was so. The industry already has some folks "convinced" about the "real" reasons for ATC and/or weather delays, and this kind of BS just muddies the water even further.

Even if Bryce wasn't going off of a script, that would tend to indicate how little he knows about how his dispatcher's work as well as ATC works. I'd bet a bucket of beer that AFP-05 and maybe even AFP-08 were factors in what -really- happened...

And since when is weather.com an approved source of weather anyways?

When I worked at B6 the pilots could get the wx channel in the cockpit on the 320s....what a pain in the a##, you would reroute them around the wx and they would say "well were watching the wx channel and the wx looks fine"....since when do pilots know anything about wx anyway!

Mr. Watson is laughing all the way to the bank. I don't believe he honestly gives one flying rat's ass.

Latest resources

Back