• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I Must Learn...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
who says hitting a hammer with a hammer?

Sorry if you saw it that way, but I was just hitting a hammer with a hammer as they say...

Absoloutely, positively, do not...I repeat... DO NOT... under any circumstance, hit a hammer with another hammer. Hammers are generaly hardened steel. They have a tendancy to shatter if you strike them against each other and you will lose an eye(s). Hammers are meant to be used for soft objects like nails and your thumb...not other hammers. You been warned.

Did I ever say to anyone I wanted to actually fly the Concorde? Absolutely not! Indeed, I admire it, but I have never held any particular desire to fly it lol!

And I agree with the second guy; personality does have a great deal to do with aviation and becoming a part of it, but the thing is, in my view at least, you cannot judge a person until you have met them and shook hands with them. You can never really see a person until you have met them in person, and if I say so myself I am a very nice guy if you'll just take the time to speak to me and get to know me. I mean you know lol if the guy who dismissed me as a 'psychiatric' is indeed a pilot I should not think I would have much of a problem getting through :)

And WrightAvia, that is very good advice... I'll keep that in mind when I feel like slamming two hammers together ;)

First of all, the Concorde is the most beautiful piece of machinery ever crafted by the hand of man (with the possible exception fo the Jetstream :)), and I'm a little leery of anyone who claims to love aviation, but claims to have no desire to fly one.

Second, It may not be completely fair, but you can not count on people waiting to meet you to judge you.

Lets say, hypothetically, that in four years you decide that learning to fly in the UK is just a tad expensive, so maybe you should check into going to the good 'ol USA for an FAA certificate. You come on here, or some similar message board asking for advice from anyone who has done the same thing, or who has any knowledge of the process. Your response will either be:

A) Gee, Mr. Concorde seems like a nice guy, where's that phone number I had for the school in Florida all those English guys go to?

or

B) Oh Christ, that Mr. Concorde guy wants to come over here now....

Like I said, if you just want to be a pain, plug away. Eventually people will lose interest in you, but if you want to be welcomed in and enjoy the vast wealth of information available here, try not to come across as such a berk.

Also, banging two hammers together is perfectly acceptable as long as the individual doing the hammer banging has been through an approved hammer banging class, and eye protection is used.

Last edited:
An aviation first!!

04-01-2003 19:19 This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]

Never blocked a user before now.

Last edited:
Oh Geez....

First of all, the Concorde is the most beautiful piece of machinery ever crafted by the hand of man First of all, the Concorde is the most beautiful piece of machinery ever crafted by the hand of man (with the possible exception fo the Jetstream ) ,
For the love of god man, lay off the crack!!:D :) ;)

--03M

Ahem

N9103M
Flown: CE172,182,206,PA-28,SR20/22,PA-23, PA-34, SA-227, BE-200, BE-350, DHC-6, BE1900

Don't see "BA" in there anywhere. I've not flown 32's or 41's, but there is NOTHING about the J-31 that is not a struggle. Not a plane since and including the Wright Flyer can touch the J-Ball's descent performance.

The beast still holds a special place in the hearts of those who had (have) the priviledge of struggling with it.

Pax sure hated it though.

:D

Last edited:
Here's what this little $hit sent me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey
Just give it a little 'woooo' will you? lol sorry if I don't seem cricket to you but haha you know?

Allow yourself a little more self control over your actions, and, most of all, as I found out, think before you talk (or type, incidentally).

I am sure we can get along fine, but please don't say such things to me!

I have to go for a bit; I'll talk later

Jack
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Son, the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's @ss. What kind of prissy-@ssed men are they growing over there nowadays? Do you hold the little fingers of each hand out to the side when you type? I've met Brit pilots and they were real men. You have about as much chance of being one of them as I do flying the godd@mn space shuttle.

As a female I learned very early to hold my own in the sandbox, and since you want to play with the big boys and girls you gotta expect to sport lumps once and while.

Punk-@ss beyatch!

Mama B.

Mama B-
You're quite a firecracker. hehe!! :D

Flywrite said:
First of all, the Concorde is the most beautiful piece of machinery ever crafted by the hand of man (with the possible exception fo the Jetstream :))

I would have to disagree with that statement. I have seen some very beautiful man made tits in my day and I would prefer to fondle them.

Latest resources

Back