• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I lost my hero

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know this is an old thread, I would like to thank everyone for their replies. I am checking out the boards waiting on my wx package for a flight to FL for the shuttle launch. It was 4 weeks ago yesterday that Dad passed. I was looking at a picture we had taken on the 4th of July just 3 years ago of Dad and my boys at his house in Abilene, Tx. I got a little up set. My oldest boy, Joshua(he's 5) came up and said, "I miss Granda Pa Terry too Daddy, I wish I could talk to him again."

I don't know if time heals wounds or not. At this time, it just seems to be different. Not much of an explanation I know, it's just the way I feel.

Skykings Dad, Thanks for the words. I followed the thread about your son. I can't immagine loosing a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Flightcrew, we did use your poem on the back of the eyology(sp, i wasn't a spelling champ). It was very nice. Thanks.

Blue skies everyone, keep pulling for that Shuttle Launch! 265.

My condolences to you. My father died in 1996, and he was my hero as well. Not many from the current generation can say that or understand what we are talking about when we say that. My one regret from my flying career is that he never got to see me fly. I fully understand how you feel, just remember all the good times that you spent together.

Latest resources

Back