Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

I fly passenger jets. I live off of condiments.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Besides...I get the feeling this guy did not CFI. Had he done that, he'd expect better from an airline career.

BTW...$500 a month in the winter for a CFI would have been GOOD for a CFI where I statrted out.
Builds character....

Reading again, and he did CFI for quite a while......It was my pleasure working with him.

I think I'm missing your point, and your missing his and he's missing yours.

However, nobody's b!tching about their job.

"The FAA is so concerned about alcohol and drug abuse, perhaps they should be more concerned about malnourishment and fatigue. Does anyone DISAGREE?"

How could they? There is no reason why new hire F/As at some regionals should be making more than new hire F/Os at another! That is just wrong. Reduced rest overnights and no meal breaks on 7 leg days make for an unsafe crew.

nonstop said:
"I'm hungry" and "I'm tired" is what I hear most. The FAA is so concerned about alcohol and drug abuse, perhaps they should be more concerned about malnourishment and fatigue. Does anyone DISAGREE?

Our aviators are in a sad state of survival.
Maybe it is time for a career change. If you work in the fast food business they will pay you better, and you get discounted meals. Maybe if you work really hard you could even become a Shift Leader or Assistant Manager. The sky is the limit.

sleepy said:
Maybe it is time for a career change. If you work in the fast food business they will pay you better, and you get discounted meals. Maybe if you work really hard you could even become a Shift Leader or Assistant Manager. The sky is the limit.
I agree that the pay sucks, but this is something I had known going into this. I wish I had planned a little better myself, had some cash saved up, but I didn't,so now I live close to paycheck to paycheck.

Different people expect different things.........I don't think one person should "quit" based on that however. I keep telling myself things will be better at the next level. Based on current payscales I may be wrong, but why quit now!

By the way, if I do take a job at a Fast Food place, at least they pay for the uniform! Well, the shirt anyway.

Take care

Latest resources

Back