• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

hypothetical pay question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds great. I think we a worth that much, but to get to that rate many things would have to fall in place that are not in our control. The playing field that is 91k/135 would need to be level. Right now just about anybody can find some airplanes and undercut. There needs to be a balance between what we are worth and pricing ourself out of the market.

I don't understand what that means in this context.

Assuming you really don't get the tongue in cheek comment, what the guy is saying in the post was so far off the wall, he must have been drinking (or smoking dope, doing drugs, or just plain out of his mind) when he posted it and to make sure he sobers up before driving or flying.

Sounds great. I think we a worth that much, but to get to that rate many things would have to fall in place that are not in our control. The playing field that is 91k/135 would need to be level. Right now just about anybody can find some airplanes and undercut. There needs to be a balance between what we are worth and pricing ourself out of the market.
That's why you have to create a monopoly (national union). Then put hotels on BoardWalk and Park Place. Or somehow control the number of people who are allowed to get ATPs .... You have to do what it takes to avoid Price Competition.

Sure,,, that sounds good. But would I have to work more than one day a month?? And it better not be Friday. I don"t work Fridays.

Hung

Now there is a thoughtful answer. Thanks. if we feel we are worth 300k, and the competition can find pilots who will fly for 90k, are we worth 300k? I think we are only worth what the free market will pay us, the pay coming from a company which can stay in business. 300k would sure be nice, however. :)

That's why you have to create a monopoly (national union). Then put hotels on BoardWalk and Park Place. Or somehow control the number of people who are allowed to get ATPs .... You have to do what it takes to avoid Price Competition.

In other words, repeal Capitalism. Which is your point, Guns.

G4, capitalism has already been repealed. When an employee can fail utterly and still walk away with multi millions of dollars, capitalism, and the free market for that matter, are dead.

If NJASAP negotiated $300000 a year pay for us captains, and $200000 for the FOs, how would y'all feel about that? How would that affect the frac industry? How would our competitors react? Would we be worried about our ability to compete?
Would you want any days off with that pay, would you still want benefits and retirement with that pay?

Or you could rasie more money by selling protection to your customers, you know the kind of protection that goes like this "Sees yoous paya dhese rates or someting bad might happen to yoous or yours family"

BTW How is my Godfather speak?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back