Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tim47SIP

Serving for the USofA
Anyone know who the contractor or Unit is that flies the C-47 and the rest of those civilian aircraft as well as the MI-8 and AN-2 based at hurlburt? I have heard GOONXX (left the number out) talking with ATC flying the Bosner C-47. I am trying to get in contact with the individuals that fly those aircraft. Any info would be great. PM me. Thanks, Tim.

The same guys that fly Threat Aircraft for the Army at Polk, El Paso, NTC spend a lot of time flying at Hurlburt. My friend just quit from flying Mi-17s for them. Some of their aircraft are down there on occasion also. Just letting you know that they might not all be from the same operator.

Tim47SIP said:
I am trying to get in contact with the individuals that fly those aircraft.

It's going to be tough. I've been at the 19th for a while and haven't even seen someone wearing a 6th SOS patch since I've got here. I hate to give the old "Try PAO" routine, but that might be your best bet.

Hey, who is McGillicutty???

That unit is a 16 Spec Ops Wing unit - All Active Duty AF individuals.
They lease that AC.

It's the 6th SOS... I used to talk to those guys when I was flying out of Pensacola. Nice people.

Good luck.

All those russian a/c are kept in Destin at the airport there. Drive down to the North end of the field, where the hangars are and you'll find em stashed down there. At one point I saw a hangar down there opened up with 4-5 more fuselages inside and piles of parts, that was a while ago though. Interesting operation.

SIG600 said:
All those russian a/c are kept in Destin at the airport there. Drive down to the North end of the field, where the hangars are and you'll find em stashed down there. At one point I saw a hangar down there opened up with 4-5 more fuselages inside and piles of parts, that was a while ago though. Interesting operation.

Umm..No they aren't. They sit on the parking ramp at Hurlburt. I work Current Ops there and schedule them and talk to them all the time.

I have seen them at both locations. When asked, the ones at Destin are under gov. contract, flown (I think) by civilans. The Destin bunch are the 6th SOS. I have a pic of their turbo DC-3 landing at Florala.

Latest resources

Back