How to get a regional job?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stardog

I just received this e-mail. What do you think? Anyone know which "Regional Partner" they're talking about? Will I be left behind and putting my career on hold if I don't seize the opportunity they're talking about?

Don't be left behind. One of our Regional Partners is looking to hire First Officers starting in February. If you have 700+ hours total time and 100-200 Multi, now is the time to complete the Regional Airline Academy's "AIRLINE TRANSITION COURSE". Graduates are given the opportunity to be interviewed through our agreement with our Airline Alliance Partnerships. DON'T PUT YOU'RE YOUR CAREER ON HOLD. Act now, the January class was full and the February class is now full. We still have a few openings in the March class as well as future classes. The cost is only $4995.for the one month program. Financial assistance is available.

OMG, what a joke...Typical vulchars feeding off of us during times like this...

Screwed up-xtra post-sorry

Last edited:
Hi!

If U search, there is a TON of info on places like this on this board.

Many flight schools have agreements with a variety of airlines.

Probably the most important thing is what do you get?

Do they GUARANTEE a job?

Do the GUARNTEE an interview?

Is ANYTHING guaranteed?

I believe Comair Academy will guarantee you a training slot at Comair if you complete their program (I'm not 100% sure).

When I heard about this stuff about 10 years ago, you would go through the screening/interview at the flight training place. If you passed (you had to pay for this) you would be guaranteed a training slot at the regional PROVIDING you completed the flight training program.

I would be very cautious, and get everything in writing. Also, if the flight school's agreement is with TSA, for example, call TSA and find out what their side of the story is.

I've also heard from people that the cost they expected to pay when they started turned out to be a lot less than they ended up paying for the flight training. Some people quit because the costs go up a lot more than they could afford, or they felt like they were getting ripped off.

Good luck!

Cliff
GRB

PS-Actually, with the present job situation, the best way to get a regional job is to have been hired by a major in the last 3 years (up to 15 if you're at USAir), because now you're furloughed, and you have excellent qualifications for the regionals that are hiring.

I tried to get into the industry in the 1991-1993 time-frame, and couldn't get a job. The hiring situation is actually better now than it was then, if you can believe it. Hopefully, in about 3 years or so, the hiring will pick up again, just like it did in the late 1990s.

Getting a regional job is easy, just get hired a US Airways and then let the mec exctort a regional job from another carrier

Latest resources

Back