How Pan Am is doing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptElmo

I'm just curious how Pan Am is doing these days. About a year ago I heard about this expansion plans, but I have not heard what is going on with them.

Pan Am flew its last flight in the early 1990's.

Anything else is just a travesty, someone capitalizing on the trademark of the greatest airline that ever flew.

The legacy of PanAm is not in danger. For those of us old enough to have been flying when 'Clipper' landed for the last time remember with fondness the 'Ice Cream Man' uniforms and the mystique that was Pan American Airlines.

I'll never forget ...

I was climbing out on the Whitestone Climb (LGA) when I heard Clipper check in on his arrival into JFK, allegedly the last flight.

The captain was deeply appreciative of all the well wishers and representative of the class act Pan Am was.

As is with most movie remakes, the original was the best.

RE: Sanford/Orlando

I wonder what is up with Transmeridian flying into Sanford to San Juan and SYR. Seems like they are picking up some of the PAN-AM flying that they had plan to do with the 24 727's they bought from UAL. Does anyone know what happened to the 727 sims that Pan Am bought from UAL as well.

Rumor is Transmeridian is planning a base in Sanford with 727's.

727 Sim is being dimantled and moved to Altheon (former FS Boeing) in Sanford.

They moved the schedule ahead, I've got to reschedule some PC's now. D'oh!. Pretty nice level D 727 sim. Not to many good ones around anymore.

727 instructors?

Are they looking for 727 instructors? I live real close to Sanford.

DarnNearaJet said:
Pan Am flew its last flight in the early 1990's.

Anything else is just a travesty, someone capitalizing on the trademark of the greatest airline that ever flew.

Amen!

Latest resources

Back